• Hope

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 April 2007
Lesley Pearse is a brilliant author, I have read most of her books and they are all exceptional reads and hope is one of her best. She researches her books so well and you can imagine yourself living in that era. I could not put this book down and was sad to come to the end.
on 25 April 2017
I (hope) to god she doesn't buy any more books!!!!
on 12 March 2017
As above
on 28 October 2006
i can't say more. the twists in this book have you stuck from teh first chapter. Hope is a beautful name for a angel child. Lesley again has done us all proud with this one. I couldn't believe the size of this book at first and though this will last me more than the 2 days it takes me to read a book. well it did it took me 4 days.

I can read and read and read and this book was just one great on going story i was sad when it came to the end. If you have never read lesley pearse then i sugest you start now all of her books (I own them all) are fantastic and they get better with each one.
on 17 March 2007
This was the first book I have read of Lesley Pearse, and not the last! Hope was a brilliant story, with surprises along the way, the author takes you on a journey, and you are swept along by the story, she writes in great detai so you feel really involved. At first I thought that she digressed a little bit, but you realise she writes about each character indepth so you really get to know them. I was sad to finish this book. But I am reading Father Unknown now and have Remember Me lined up, and many others on my wish list.
on 19 August 2006
Yet again another excellent read from Lesley, her books get better and better the only disappointment for me was the ending of the story as i now have a long wait for her next one. Anyone reading this will become an instant Lesley Pearce fan as i am.
on 15 November 2006
I can't describe how much i love Lesley's books, I have them all, and have read most of them at least twice! I thoroughly recommend them all although Hope, Remember Me and Never Look Back are my absolute favourites. She manages to capture the entire spirit of the period she is writing in and has inspired myself to learn more about the various periods she writes about. Please, if you have never read any of her books, try them, you'll be hooked!! (beware of a few tears though!)
on 15 February 2013
This book is magical to read. Right from the start it draws you in and doesn't let you go until the end. This is a book that you must read, the tale of bravery and loyalty is truly incredible. This is also a great if you like reading out the past, the Crimea war for example.
I'd recommend this book to anyone!
on 5 August 2006
I have thoroughly enjoyed all Lesley Pearse's books and was not disappointed.The main character, Hope, is a gutsy heroine who has many adventures in Somerset 1832 and nursing in the Crimea war.I couldn't put it down and finished it in a week (it is 658 pages).I would recommend it to anyone and will be lending it to my friends as a 'brilliant,engrossing read'.
on 1 August 2006
Did it live up to my expectations, the answer is YES. Lesley Pearse is my favourite author and I was not dissappointed. I could not put this book down. What I enjoy about her books is they are not all the same story, retold. An excellent read and if anyone wants a book for their summer hols, do try this one as sure you will enjoy it. When is her next book due?