A Lesser Evil
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 August 2015
It took me a few weeks to read this, as I found it a bit heavy going. But each time I began to flag, it hotted up again.
Parts of the story cover a theme that is gruesome, and sadly, is still happening today; in fact on a larger scale. Abuse and cruelty to children is sickening!
There were times when I was deeply moved, which is a credit to the authors writing skill.
On a negative note, I did not like some of the language used. I believe, with good imaginative writing, character emotions can be expressed quite adequately, without resorting to a plethora of bad language.
It spoilt, what was for me on the whole, an enjoyable read...in parts, exciting, moving, and with well fleshed characters. The relationship between Fifi and Dan came across very well.
Not sure what genre this would come under, I guess it could be a romance, come thriller. There was a great twist towards the end. I didn't see that coming!
On the whole, a good summer read.
on 22 December 2017
Lesley Pearce a brilliant and engaging writer. The lesser evil was a great story, well written and once again Lesley draws you into each character giving you more than just the main storyline. This is the 3rd book I have read of hers now the first The Woman in the Wood which got me hooked and am now about to download another one of hers to read. She has the ability in the way she writes which makes you just lose yourself completely in the story and characters.
on 4 September 2013
I literally cannot get enough of Lesley Pearse's books! My only problem is that my house goes to rack & ruin and my children have to bring themselves up as I read "just one ....more....chapter....", which inevitably turns into reading the whole book in one sitting because I simply can't put it down! "A Lesser Evil" is no exception to this rule, it was a gripping and dark read with a lot of heart and I loved it!
on 30 October 2017
YET another excellent book from Lesley Pearse I have read all her books and can't believe they are all so different and interesting that you can't put them down
on 14 October 2016
What another brilliant book from Lesley, whenever I pick up anyone of her books I know i'm going to be gripped. This one delivered once again, drama, laughter, tears. Her characters were believable. Loved following the ups & downs of Dan & Fifi. Kept me engrossed from start to finish. Wonderful warm book. Thank-you Lesley x
on 3 August 2013
Lesley Pearce books just get better and better. I found it really hard to put my kindle down, this story was so interesting which had me hooked from the start.
The characters were brought to life by the vivid descriptions of the author who made it appear you were there in the room with them.
This was a real good story, just didn't want it to end.
I have just bought another of Lesley's books to read, if it's half as good as the Lesser Evil, I'm in for a treat.
on 13 February 2018
Sorry, but this was not the usual stuff Lesley Pearse writes. I was disappointed this time. It was heavy going at times
on 5 January 2018
This book is brilliantly written. The story has so many twists and turns. It starts as what you think is a love story but believe me when I say you will be surprised where it ends up. I was hooked and so will you be.
on 16 July 2017
Excellent, thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait to read another book by Lesley Pearse. Quite different from some of her other books but in a good way.
on 10 September 2013
I am a huge fan of Lesley Pearce and would give all her other books I have read 5 stars, I especially enjoy the historical dramas, but I did not particularly enjoy this book. I found the end of the book quite disturbing and rather stomach churning. Not a pleasant read unfortunately. It has not put me off reading her novels but would not recommend it.