Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2013
I literally cannot get enough of Lesley Pearse's books! My only problem is that my house goes to rack & ruin and my children have to bring themselves up as I read "just one ....more....chapter....", which inevitably turns into reading the whole book in one sitting because I simply can't put it down! "A Lesser Evil" is no exception to this rule, it was a gripping and dark read with a lot of heart and I loved it!
on 16 July 2017
Excellent, thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait to read another book by Lesley Pearse. Quite different from some of her other books but in a good way.
on 12 March 2017
As above
on 10 June 2014
I'm being addicted with Lesley's books and bought this on line on Sunday.....her books are reality and I also like the history around them, this book took me back to my teenage years being born in the 1950s....some terrible incidents but regretfully that is life. Well worth reading.
on 29 April 2016
Lesley Pearce at her best (as usual)
on 2 January 2017
I really enjoyed this story from author Lesley Pearse she really does make you feel in tune with her characters.
This is just what you expect from a new Lesley Pearse book - drama, intrigue, great characterisation and an excellent story. I've just read it in under 48 hours as it was so good and flowed so well. It's sad in places and there are some dark undertones to it but I would definitely recommend it to people who want a great read.
on 30 October 2008
I Had a very pleasant surprise with this book.. Can't understand the poor rating from some people. There are some dark undertones not in others of Pearse's books but that's what i liked about it. I almost let the bad reviews put me off and i'm so glad i read it after all. Lesley Pearse has the ability in my opinion to write different types of novels. A very unpredictable exciting read..loved it!!!
on 31 August 2005
I've just finished reading this book and I just had to comment on this. I bought the book 5 days ago and the second I sat down to read I was hooked, from beginning to end I was transpired into the story. For those who have read Lesley's books will know what a true talent she really is. She has this amazing ability to bring all of her characters to life and this book was no exception.
I love it from beginning to end.
Emma
on 9 August 2006
Having read nearly all of her books this one was very disappointing. One of the main characters, Fifi, was so annoying that I would have gladly left her in the cage to rot! Not one of Lesley Pearse's best ones.