Customer reviews

Secrets
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2017
Follow the life of Adele, Rose, Honour and the involvement with Michael, Emily and Myles
Lots of tangled webs!!!
For those that like war stories you will enjoy this book as WW2 begins during the course of the book. Lots of experience for all involved.

There are all sorts of emotions involved, love, dislike and many complexities, which interweave – take a read to find out if or how they are resolved
Keep reading as it gets more emotional towards the end
I was more and more hooked as it came to an end
on 7 June 2011
Adele has to leave her family home when her mother is sent to an asylum, and then she is sent to an orphanage, she runs away from the orphanage after something bad happens to her there. While she is still at her mothers she finds an address for a grandmother which she never new existed or met, when she runs away from the orphanage she is only 12 years old, and she walks some of the way to her grandmothers, when she arrives there she is desperately ill, her grandmother nurses her back to good health, but she is not sure if she wants to keep her or not.

When Adele is nearly 14 years old she meets Michael Bailey while she is out walking, and he is nearly 16, they have a great friendship and they meet each other quite a lot, they come of age together, by that time they have fallen in love. Michael goes off to Oxford University and also has to go to war with the RAF, and Adele becomes a nurse.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this book, but it is absolutely brilliant, and as usual I find her books very emotional, and tearful in some parts.
on 29 May 2017
This is my first Lesley Pearse book on recommendation by my cousin. Thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the story and the character's.
Liked it so much just downloaded Belle which is a series of 3 books so that's my bedtime reads sorted for a while.
Would definitely recommend it. If you like Josephine Cox you'll love these too.
on 20 April 2017
Lovely story I just had to keep reading. It was the first book I had read written by Lesley Pearse but will be reading more.
on 23 September 2017
What a lovely story about a girl called Adele, i couldn't put it down, as good as all the others of Lesley's she never disappoints. Whenever i pick up one of her book i know i'm in for a treat. This one is as good as all of her others.
on 19 March 2017
This book had me gripped from the very first page & I couldn't put it down. I have read a few books by this author & have enjoyed them all.
on 31 March 2013
I saved this book for a holiday abroad because I love Lesley Pearse and then made it the last book I read while away. It was very gripping and just what I needed to keep me hooked and absorbed while doing the tedious journey home. Then when I got home, I couldn't put it down until I had discovered the end for the very real characters that Lesley Pearse creates. I certainly wasn't expecting the twist at the end andher books are far from predictable. She is great at drawing a picture in your mind without too much minute detail (making your imagination work) and the story lines are always exciting. A very good read, as you expect from Lesley Pearse.
on 26 May 2017
Another cracker of a read from Lesley couldn't put it down just love all her books would, thoroughly recommend to everyone
on 19 June 2017
Another fantastic read. Lots of twists and turns. Always feel as if you know each character so well written gripping.
on 24 October 2017
I really enjoyed this book is a great read by a brilliant author. I loved the characters and all the generations of different stories