on 8 April 2017
Loved the story and description of the English countryside and the characters. Frustrating at times and I'd stop and scream at the author in my head at times as I thought Tess should have been given a break; for me too much going wrong for her. Gripping story; was hoping for a different ending but I knew it couldn't happen with Hardy. Loved the dialect used; challenged me at times as English isn't my first language.
on 30 June 2016
I fell in love with Tess when I was young and foolish.

This will forever remain one of my favourite books of all time.

The theme of red that perpetuates like an omen through the book. The ribbon, the horse, the strawberries, cigarette tip; I found myself searching for it.

I re-read every now and again to relive my youth. I think of days where the mist blows early morning from the river and dust floats in the air, insects rise at dusk and innocent milk maids fall in love.
on 11 January 2017
great!
on 9 July 2015
Fantastic what more can i say, i love period drama books and this is one of the ones i'd read over and over again.
on 13 May 2017
I got this on my Kindle for my English Lit A-Level class. Very easy to read on the go
on 27 April 2017
ok
on 8 December 2015
Good book
on 21 July 2016
Very pleased
on 25 February 2014
It is a good reading of the story. It misses out some parts of the story but it is easy to follow if you have read it before.
on 30 March 2017