Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 August 2015
Great read, quite insightful and very entertaining. The balance between government-orientation and end-user orientation is sometimes shifted.
on 19 April 2015
Practical ideas on influencing behaviour which you can apply in your workplace. It's nice when a book provides somethings to re-use.
on 21 November 2013
This is the classic, as used by politicians and other aspiring go getters. I enjoyed the insights and haven't looked back either!
on 5 July 2013
This book changed my thinking, everyday I now question the design of all sorts of things to see if it is the best it can be.
on 22 September 2014
Started off well, interesting and thought provoking - then got into pensions............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
on 4 March 2016
If you've read Thinking Fast and Slow you can skip the first 100 pages but the remainder is still worth the asking price.
on 20 November 2013
A great little book for anyone interested in how behviour can be nudged or decision making generally, would recommend it.
on 18 September 2015
Great book and super delivery ahead of time and will be getting more books, as I know I will get them as soon as I want.
on 8 December 2012
This is an excellent publication recommned by someone who thought I needed it - and was right. You won't be disappointed
on 20 August 2009
"Nudge is the book that changes the way we think about choice, showing how we can influence people, improving decisions about health, wealth and happiness"

Having read this blurb from the back cover of the book, it led me to believe this book will shed some light on how I can improve my decision making about health, wealth and happiness. It did not - this is what not the book is about at all.

While this book turns out not to be what I was after, it was still a nice book to read. Nudge is an interesting, easy-to-get-into book, and I find this one of the better written books in this genre. Nudge presents the concept and importance of "choice architecture", which is essentially the way in which choices are presented to a mass population can powerfully influence the majority outcome. This book uses plenty of day-to-day examples as case studies, most are common sense and easily understood, but the downside is they don't come across as very clever ideas.

The key conclusion that I took away from this book, in the authors' own words, is: "No choice is ever presented in a neutral way". I totally agree, and have even learned a lesson by choosing this book: the blurb gave me a false nudge, would not have picked this read otherwise.