The Help
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2017
This book is amazing, I loved it. It's powerful, heartbreaking and funny, and had me laughing one minute then crying the next. A great piece of fiction combined with history, which everyone should read.
on 1 May 2011
Quite possibly the best book I have EVER read.

I became quickly and totally immersed in the beautifully full characters (and there are quite a few), and the gentle yet gripping plot. An amazing book that will make you love and hate within it's exquisetly woven world.

A tale of the atrocities justifyable by class, rank, colour and gender; which simultaneously tells of battles being faught in the field of morality and truth.
So authentically written, I felt I could touch them. All of the speech is written as spoken which is charming and at times hilarious.

Many characters to fall in love in this superb first novel.
on 23 January 2014
I saw the movie before reading the book, which is weird for me as I usually go the other way around and if you liked the movie then you'll love the book! It's much more in depth, all of the characters are so rich and I couldn't love the story more, it's eye opening and heartwarming and as I was getting towards the end of the book I was kind of dreading it being over because I just liked reading it so much.
on 22 October 2017
It’s one of those novels that is so plausible you can’t help but wonder how much has been taken from real life.

A great book club read.
on 8 May 2013
I chose to buy this book after hearing so many people talk about it. I didn't know much about the setting and time of the story however I found the story to be very exciting and interesting and rather educational. I found myself hooked on it and couldn't put it down and I felt connected to the characters in it. I would certainly recommend reading it! It's a good, interesting, rather emotional read! :D
on 23 September 2017
Thank you for writing this book it is extremely interesting and I can say well worth a second read thank you
on 12 April 2017
Although this book took me a while to get into, it turned out to be one of the best I have ever read. It's an insight into the lives of coloured people back in the day and what it was like for the maids. Very interesting and heartening.
on 20 January 2012
I cannot really add anything new that hasn't already been said in the hundreds of reviews already posted. An amazing story of the division between black and white in America. As the characters and their personalities are revealed in their own version of events you feel like you actually know these ladies. I laughed and cried throughout this book and was really sorry when I came to the end...I was still thinking about it days after I'd completed it. Couldn't put it down. You must read this book..a future classic.
on 9 May 2017
This book The Help is one of the best books I have read, I have laughed and cried through it. Wonderful writing. Loved it.
on 14 May 2017
Great book. Can't put it down, really show you what life was like. Had everything from tears to laughter