Customer reviews

on 18 April 2011
I found this a book which I didn't want to put down until I got to the end. Fern comes through as a most likeable person and despite much unhappiness and upheavals in her early life and career she has come through smiling, sometimes at her cost. She has faced her dark times with amazing bravery and determination and she has deserved all the success and happiness which came to her eventually on the This Morning programme. Her husband Phil and her children are obviously the most important people in her life who have seen her through to her current happy state. A well written and interesting autobiography.
Great story, always thought she was a lovely lady. So pleases she met Phil.
on 16 October 2009
I am a big fan of Fern Britton and enjoyed watching her on the "This Morning" programme. I thought the book was written very honestly, a 'no holds barred' sort of story of her life. It gives you an insight of life behind the camera's what sort of training and experience Fern had. The problems she incurred and the laughter & tears with her past boyfriends. Fern captured my attention, I felt her pain and her joy and was so glad when she met Phil Vickery. I sincerely hope Fern will put pen to paper and write another book, I would pre-order my copy!
on 19 September 2014
Still reading the book but really enjoying it well done Fern great read .
on 23 June 2011
Having read the book i find myself wondering just why such a wonderful,witty lady isn't on our screens as much as she should be.

A truly interesting read which i didn't want to put down and to know the truth behind so many untruths in the press it was really lovely to meet the real fern through these pages we also get to see on tv but in more depth.

I watched her as a young schoolgirl and teenager on TVS and looked forward to the rare times I was off work so could catch her on morning TV.

One funny read, one classy broad.
on 3 July 2015
enjoyed and honest book, no holding back about her life.
on 31 May 2015
Fascinating book with a good insight into the real Fern
on 18 June 2015
A good r.ead, what an interesting and turbulent life
on 2 October 2014
Great reading love the true life books worth reading
on 26 August 2009
I realy enjoyed reading Fern's story - it was not what I expected and feel she was always battling her start in life.
Only criticism is that I would have enjoyed the chapters in italics collected all as one "read" as I found myself skipping them to continue with the actual book, then going back to them to catch up.