Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 June 2017
I used this as part of my references for my M.Sc in Risk management. It's certainly research material but not particularly very accessible reading (it is possible to be both). Dan Ariely expands on it in a more digestible and slightly sensationalist manner, which is more entertaining.

I wouldn't recommend it unfortunately.
on 18 March 2017
It is like a text book! I have to keep dipping back into it. Magazine articles and other books frequently make reference to it. That is praise enough.
on 1 April 2017
Insightful research backed theories. If you are into decision making, this is the book for you. The only reason i gave the book a 4 is that it is a tough read. Even though i would give the value of the content a 5, it struggles to keep your attention for the length of the book.
on 25 May 2017
Understanding why things happen, how decisions and judgements are reached, is fundamental if we wish to avoid repeating mistakes. Our thinking is flawed, just being aware of how, and how often, is a start.
This should be compulsory reading, particularly for those who hold strong opinions with certainty...
on 4 May 2017
Excellent book summarising the foundation of behavioural economics. Discusses the key elements in detail and summarises very effectively in the conclusion. Important knowledge for all, as we all make decisions and judgements, and particularly for those whose decisions carry a heavy weight.
on 31 May 2017
A slog to read but we'll worth it. I like to think it's made me a better decision maker?!?
on 23 April 2015
What can I add to a best-seller like this? It's technical, but accessible. You're reading about world-class psychology research, but he makes it very understandable. I found it insightful into how I and others think.
on 15 December 2016
great book ,life makes more sense after reading it.
on 4 May 2017
An interesting book but not easy reading..
on 18 May 2017