on 2 March 2017
The book is highly watery and too wordy for what it does. It seems to be 140 pages of arguments regarding why lateral thinking is important and how it is better than vertical thinking, instead of empowering the reader with skills one can apply in practice. I was expecting to understand a sort of reasoning one can use to solve lateral thinking tasks similar to the pebble puzzle, but not a clue was left in my hand when I closed the book. I found it highly impractical.
on 12 December 2017
Useful but I read a lot of these and this droned on a lot :/ Bit of a disappointment
on 2 April 2018
I know his work well and we would all gain from the breadth of his observations
on 21 January 2018
Very good
on 19 May 2016
Interesting subject but the book is not what i expected. just one chapter got some useful tips. All the rest is just academic writing.
on 18 September 2012
Do no try to 'read' this book it might not work. I found that by breaking it down and taking on a chapter at a time I could really concentrate and take it in. The following few days would then be spent using/trying techniques as laid out. It worked for me. Some regard this book as geared more towards teaching, but I found it very useful and am using it daily now especially at work with my team.
on 3 January 2016
Well received and in good condition - thank you
on 5 May 2015
Spring cleaning for the mind. Re-reading after many years and benefitting from it.
on 16 October 2015
De Bono, great.
on 20 October 2014
good product. good price. fun read!