Customer reviews

Real Fast Puddings
Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 February 2018
A bit disappointed. I could have thought of most of these recipes myself and some of them weren't so quick. I bought the book to find inspiration for quick puds to make when the family are staying and I've already spent time, effort and oven space making good main courses. Sorry Nigel - not as inspirational as some ideas I've gleaned from your TV appearances, but maybe I should have known there are very few really quick puds anyway. My recent great success with g children was banana split made with Mackies ice cream - vanilla, strawberry and chocolate - cream, bananas ( or pear for the wee one who doesn't like bananas), some strawberry sauce (warmed McKays lovely jam) and a super chocolate sauce from BBC website.The slivered almonds were burnt so were binned. The other great success was sticky toffee pudding from the famed and ubiquitous food hall Onwards and upwards.
on 29 August 2013
I have most of Nigel Slater's books but had overlooked this one for some time, thinking it wouldn't really be useful for us. We tend to only have pudding on Sundays.

I also thought that it would probably be fruit heavy, by virtue of the 'fast' aspect. And yes, there are a lot of fruit based puddings, but so many sound so delicious I know I will be trying them out. There are also crumbles, pies, puddings and chocolate recipes.

I think this is a really useful little book to have. And, no, there aren't photographs. But quite frankly you don't need them. They aren't the sort of dishes that need pictures. This is homestyle cooking.
on 11 March 2018
Lovely book, bought it for a friend for Christmas but I had a look at the recipes before I gifted it. Old fashion and really simple recipes that can be made in no time and absolutely delicious. Getting my own book soon
on 8 November 2014
Here is a thick book of recipes that I would actually be interested in making. I hate cooking, so it has to be a pretty good cookbook to get me anywhere near a cooking utensil. It seems this is the book!
2 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2018
Love Nigel and his writing
on 2 October 2015
I like Nigel Slater's recipes/ They are not full of frills. The puddings are clearly descibed and well-thought out. This is not a 'coffee table' book but one that sits on the kitchen counter
on 26 March 2017
Bought this book from ABSOLUTE BOOKS great price,great conditon, as new delighted with it.
on 6 January 2016
My son has several of Nigel Slaters recipe books and he is as pleased as punch with this one. Problem is he keeps making me the puddings and i could do with losing a bit of weight.
on 10 August 2016
good if you like quick puddings nigel does the job without any faff you just need the products
on 19 November 2015
Perfect for when you want a little something to round off your meal. Have to say, I'm a huge fan of Nigel Slater. A great book.