on 13 August 2017
Reading the recipes for the first time, I kept thinking, "What? Jamie's gotta be kidding. That will never work!" I forgot he is a culinary genius, part of whose talent is to take the simplest of ingredients and show mere cooks like me how to turn them into something extraordinary. We have had many great meals from this excellent book, some of which have become regular favourites.
on 31 July 2016
I always enjoy Jamie's style and passion for good food and I really love Italian food so I bought this book. OK, it isn't recent but it IS packed with beautiful, timeless Italian dishes, a bit of history, a bit of culture and a LOT of flavour. Grab yourself a glass of wine and enjoy flicking through this book!
on 20 November 2012
I am 'in between properties' so have everything in storage. I wanted a particular recipe from 'Jamie's Kitchen', couldn't find the book in local shops because it is quite old and not a lot of Jamie's books turn up in Charity Shops either! I could have looked for the recipe on-line (as I have many others during this 'in between' stage) however I wanted to spoil myself with a gift, so searched on Amazon for a 2nd hand copy. There were several, so I narrowed it down by checking up on the condition of the books and I am delighted with my purchase. It'll be my first 'moving in' gift to myself. P.S. The recipe was a huge success too!
on 27 June 2016
Another great book with nice photographs and easy to follow recipes. I have tried few of them and it was great but i still prefer to see photograph, ingredient list and follow recipe in my own way :)))
on 11 December 2017
when I bought this book it arrived slightly damaged. However, on contacting the seller, they couldn’t have been more helpful. They had a replacement book out to me within the next day. The customer service was absolutely 5 star, and I would highly recommend them.
On the recipe side, so far so good. Typical Jamie Oliver recipes - simple to make, easy to follow, you don’t need a ridiculous pantry of world foods and really tasty.
on 27 June 2016
Great photographs. Recipes are easy to follow but I had to admit that i Have never cooked from this book following the exact recipe. I always see picture, ingredients and do it my own way :)))
on 10 October 2015
Bought as a present. The pictures are really nice and the recipes not too hard to do. The book was presented in a weird way though. I can't cook but I could still manage them.
on 26 June 2000
Having been bored with cooking for myself, being a recent widow, Jamie Oliver`s TV programmes have inspired me into giving dinner parties again which is why I have both of his books. I like his simplicity & figured if he can do all this in a half-hour prog. I can surely do the same in just a little longer. I have tried more than seven so far this month and one comment from my guests "That was a cracking meal!"- to the carpaccio of beef. And the tray-baked pork chops - absolutely mouthwatering - from my daughter & son-in-law who are both top chefs. What more can I say- I rave about the lad!
on 21 January 2015
I love this beautifully illustrated book. Some of the recipes are a bit dated but very relevant given the current money and time saving climate. Jamie teaches without lecture and his tips are given unreservably. I have a some of his newer books 30min meals etc but this book has back to basic recipes which produce wholesome meals with the aid of ingredients from the store cupboard.
on 7 October 2015
Having most of jamies modern books I thought I'd take a look at this. Not seen anything that jumps of the page on first glance. This book being from a different publisher than the other books clearly makes a difference to the format and the layout of the book. I'm not very keen on it and not every recipe has a photo which is a let down. It's nice to see that Jamie has stayed passionate about food from start to present. Can't really complain for £2.81 though