on 5 May 2016
Really enjoyed this book it explores the strengths of introverts that are often overlooked. It also looks at the obstacles of introversion and ways to overcome them. The book also speaks of people you would of never guessed were introverts and how they used their introverted qualities to work in their favour. A Recommended read to anyone who is introverted or works around many introverted people.
on 3 July 2016
This time I was reading it as a new manager. It was very reassuring about the value of a quiet style.
on 4 October 2014
Speaks to me directly and makes me feel a whole lot less judgmental about myself. I have always known that I'm an introvert but probably didn't realise that a lot of those things around the edges were part of it. It's nice to hear the scientific research alongside the gentle acceptance and encouragement to be true to your own nature and understand yourself better.

Recommended!
on 27 May 2015
,The American slant does this book no harm but needs accounting for by Brits. The style is clear and readable in a narrative form. Most important is that the content is balanced and aims to achieve balance by understanding, this is the book book I wish I could have read as a child and again as a new parent. It is useful as an adult to manage my managers and understand my style...
on 16 February 2016
Has helped me to understand myself and many people i know much better.

On the back of this book i've been able to more easily identify a lifestyle that really suits me and explain my choices more effectively.

Not a book of hard science but it does point you towards some really interesting studies and helps to put them in context and explain them more simply.
on 23 July 2015
When I first came across Susan Cain in Time Magazine and on TED videos, I really recognised what she was saying. Only then I understood much better that I was an introvert. So I bought the book to find out more. Unfortunately, the book didn't click with me as the article and the video does. In the end, how many pages do you need to explain to an introvert what an introvert is.
on 12 September 2013
This book is truly a confidence boost for introverts like myself. It's all about the perspective and using what we perceived to be weaknesses to our advantage. A refreshing read that has lifted my self-esteem. I found it so helpful that I purchased a second copy for my best friend, who is also an introvert. Thank you Cain, I can now see myself in a different, positive light.
on 30 January 2016
I was the one the book talked about. I am very quiet and live away from my social class but when I am lecturing any group of students I crack jokes and look more expressive. One colleague of mine caught me out in the office one afternoon when nobody was in the room and told me that I was very quiet by nature. It shocked me but I knew she had secretly observed me for years.
on 6 December 2015
After reading this I no longer feel like an "introvert leper". Through anecdotes, stories and research this book helps both introverts and extroverts explain what introverts bring to the party - not only for us as adults but also for our children who may be displaying similar traits. I will be asking my husband (an extrovert) to read this book to understand me better!
on 6 February 2014
having grown up in America with the "ra, ra" crowd, it is nice to know that if you don't want to be a cheerleader and would rather stay in the background - it is OK!!

I had my daughter read it too. (14 years old) she read the whole book in 2 days; and I believe she feels more confident and supported regarding her introverted tendencies.