on 21 September 2010
As a collection of humorous newspaper columns from 'The Sunday Times', there really isn't that much to say in terms of a review. What I CAN say is that this book is very, very good. Clarkson has a brilliant wit and a no-nonsense approach to life that mix effortlessly in his columns, never failing to make me smile. That's why I have all three of the 'World According to Clarkson' books, and why ol' Jeremy has joined the likes of Bill Bryson and Nick Hornby on my list of fall-back favourites for when I'm tired or just need a bit of cheering up.

Covering subjects as diverse as travelling in Europe and Christmas office parties, pub food and modern music, there isn't one column here that made me stop and think, "well, that was a dud week." Not only that, but there are some great pieces on Clarkson's pet subject - transport - that are more accessible than some of his other work for a novice like me. For example, there are a couple of marvellous musings on the Concorde, filled with an affection and reverence that shine through in his writing.

All in all, a brilliant collection - my copy is looking rather tattered now, which is always a good sign - and I'm looking forward to picking up Volume 2 ('And Another Thing...') next time I need another pick-me-up!
on 23 September 2017
Can't help liking him - ne is so funny, intelligent and makes a very good point. About everything...
on 20 September 2017
I like Clarkson and he is a fair writer. Problem with this book is it feels very dated and some good articles are weighed down by a lot of mediocre blabber. Best to read the newest edition in this series.
on 5 May 2017
Good present for someone else.
on 20 September 2017
Its Jeremy Clarkson.
on 20 August 2017
Brilliant
on 14 November 2017
good book
on 16 October 2017
Very prompt delivery and item as described- well pleased ! Mxx
on 21 November 2006
My girlfriend bought me this book as she knew I'm a big Clarkson fan. I read it over one train journey and I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy clarkson on tv then you'll love the book. As you would expect he is straight to the point whilst being humourous. I have to admit to agreeing with him completely in his views. (well with the exception of his slating of cricket.)
on 5 September 2006
Not being into cars I wasn't sure what I'd make of this. However once started I found it to be a hilarious read and I ended up finishing this in record time whilst on holiday. Many of the stories made me laugh out loud (much to the annoyance of my children). I'm now working my way though the rest of his publications. Excellent.