Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 17 February 2012
This is the first book I have read by this author and it will not be the last it was a very good read. The story grips you in the most amazing way, you are so carried away that you will find it very hard to put down. The characters are so real that you feel like you are living the story with them,. I learnt a lot about the history of the time without it interfering with the story, it is so cleverly written. At times it had me laughing out loud and then other times crying, which I haven't done for a long time when reading a book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend this book.
on 26 August 2014
Brill book I just love all of Lesley Pearse books I just feel I'm in the book and have all the feeling for what happens this is the third book of Belle and I just could not put any of them down as with the rest of her books they are the best books I have ever read
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2014
I'm not quite sure how this author achieves what she does. All of her novels are pretty much the same idea but she writes them in such a way that you can't put them down. This is yet another good example.
on 27 August 2013
Whilst as always Lesley Pearse is a superb author, this did not work as well for me as the 6 previous books I have read. Probably because it was not set in the past, Her historical novels such as Gypsy and Remember Me, take you on an awesome journey. Trials and tribulations, that keep the pages turning. Would recommend though as Lesley is masterful.
on 16 November 2013
Loved this book I bought Trust Me years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it . Have read a few books by this author and enjoyed them, love the twist s that are in them , would have given this book five star s but guessed the twist early on in the book but enjoyed it nevertheless.
on 18 January 2005
I think this book is the most amazing i have ever read! I love this book, i have now pronounced it my most favourite book and have already bought it! i would recommend it to anyone above 16. It is the epic journey of a young girl. I cant explain the feelings i have towards this amazing book. CONGRATS LESLEY PEARCE, you've out done everyone this time!
on 17 January 2015
What more can I say. Couldn't put this book down. Lesley Pearse is one of my all-time favourite writers, you become so involved with the story and character you could be also be in the story yourself. I only read at bedtime and soon loose track of the story by the next night but Lesley Pearse books stay vivid in my mind and as soon as I pick the book up I am back where I left of the night before. Keep writing.
on 8 September 2006
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and went through all the emotions throughout. Like all other Lesley Pearse's books, it was really hard to put down when I had started it.
on 31 March 2013
I saved this book for a holiday abroad because I love Lesley Pearse and then made it the last book I read while away. It was very gripping and just what I needed to keep me hooked and absorbed while doing the tedious journey home. Then when I got home, I couldn't put it down until I had discovered the end for the very real characters that Lesley Pearse creates. I certainly wasn't expecting the twist at the end andher books are far from predictable. She is great at drawing a picture in your mind without too much minute detail (making your imagination work) and the story lines are always exciting. A very good read, as you expect from Lesley Pearse.
on 30 July 2012
The story of Adele in the 1930s and through the second world war. Another brilliant masterpiece from Lesley Pearse which had me in tears several times and I would thoroughly recommend to any of her fans also anyone else who has not tried her fabulous books. Thanks for another great story Lesley.