Susie Orbach On Eating
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2017
I recently noticed that I eat a lot, without even being hungry. Thinking about it, I always eat massive amounts of food. But luckily I walk a lot and perhaps this is why my size is still reasonable although according to BMI measurements I am simply overweight and should lose some 10kg.. I tried many diets but it only ends up with binges and feeling if guilt. I don't know if it will help me to lose weight, but Ms. Orbach nailed it completely. It's like book about me. I hope something has shifted in my mind and I finally will stop eating so much:)
6 people found this helpful
on 30 September 2017
I just need to implement the advice now. Getting to the psychology of why we overeat is something we don't consider. This book really nails why diets don't work and even if I don't lose any weight I know that I am going to feel better following the principles laid out in this book. It struck a real chord when it comes to re-evaluating when and why we eat. I am a comfort eater so this is going to be hard. So glad I read this book.
on 17 March 2018
An essential read - keep it in your handbag! It'll change the way you view food, yourself and your need to comfort eat. This is easy to read, hard to practice - but Orbach assures the reader that by coming back to the text time and again, progress will be made. I think she's right!
on 15 August 2014
To a seasoned dieter of 25 years, everything in this book makes perfect sense. I just hope I can make the break for good this time and give up diets forever. Instead eating intuitively and learning to listen to those internal cues once again as outlined in this book I love Susie's simple and common sense approach.
8 people found this helpful
on 24 May 2017
Good sensible advice. Easy to read. Easy to reread when you need support. All you have ever to do is follow the advice.
on 15 February 2014
As a recovering anorexic I found much useful and very sensible advice in the book. But I would particularly recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight, because I believe this psychological approach could help many people approach eating from a totally different angle, instead of trying to follow a strict diet.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2017
This book gives the main points from Fat is a feminist Issue and is a great reference point
on 1 November 2013
recommended to me by a fellow over eater as a means of understanding how and why we fall into bad habits in the first place.

This book makes you think, stop and consider why am I doing this?
3 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2017
A brilliant piece of writing that opens up a new and refreshing approach to how to build positive relationships with ourselves and food.
on 21 May 2016
The best, indeed the very best, book on the subject.