on 31 March 2016
I purchased this book collection for my son,s for christmas. They arrived packaged well, i was always a fan of Roald Dahl books when i was a child and i wanted my children to experience the same in these lovely story books. They are very happy with all the books, it really is a lovely collection of books, making them a great gift, thank you :)
on 23 January 2015
Bought this remembering how good it was to read these when I was younger.
The books are shorter than I remember them being, but just as good.

This is a comprehensive collection, nothing missing. There is even a selection of information at the end of each book about the author - interesting to learn his background, a bit like a DVD extra!

Remembered reading and enjoying Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, The Great Glass Elevator, James & The Giant Peach, Danny Champion Of The World and Fantastic Mister Fox - all are present here and there are other books I never got round to - another bonus!
on 18 September 2015
I loved Roald Dahl as a child, and having the opportunity to read them again to my son is a real pleasure. In an age of tablets and being constantly connected, taking 15 minutes out a day to re-read these gems is incredibly therapeutic.

Each book has an small illustration introducing the characters at the beginning with further illustrations littered throughout the text by Quentin Blake.

As for the form factor, the books fit neatly (if a little tightly) into the box and now stand proudly on my sons shelf.
on 10 March 2014
Fantastic buy , great books, great value, super fast delivery!
My daughter absolutely loves the books as do I. Very pricey elsewhere. Well worth a buy :)
on 29 September 2010
Was the best price that I could find for this collection of books.Nicely presented as it was a birthday gift.Delivery was prompt also.
on 2 January 2016
Partner has always been a Roald Dahl fan and getting this collection, he loved it.

Read the set of books several times and still learns new things from the book "Going Solo" about Roald Dahls personal life when he was younger!

Very pleased with this and for the price I couldn't turn it down.
on 3 December 2015
I bought this for my daughter as I grew up with these books. She was very proud reading Georges Marvellous Medicine - her first chapter book. These make for great fun bedtime stories too - Dahl's stories have suspense, comedy and character.
on 30 August 2011
Excellent product, service and delivery. Will use Black Books to purchase again and will look out for similar products. A great birthday present and a must have for all - children and adults alike.
on 20 September 2011
Simply, this is a collection of the best works of one of the best childrens fiction authors of all time. They're brightly coloured, come in a cardboard box and contain stories that will delight any but the most cynical. Thank you Mr Dahl.
on 19 October 2014
My kids are both big Roald Dahl fans and we have worked our way through many of his books that have been given to us as gifts in the last 3-4 years. I noticed that we had four missing from the main set of Dahl's children's stories but it worked out cheaper to buy this whole 15 book set than buy the four books individually. Great value for money obviously.

If you know anything about Dahl, you'll obviously know his most well known works such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr Fox plus modern classics like Matilda. This set gave us a lot of pleasure because we discovered some of the lesser known works (or at least the ones written after I had passed the age of being a child) such as The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me, The Twits and Esio Trot. Adults can enjoy these books as much as kids.

One interesting inclusion was Going Solo, the book of memoirs of Dahl's' time as a pilot in Africa during WW2. It's clearly not a kids book but my five year old insisted I read it to him and it took several weeks of bedtime stories but we finished it. One that's more for the adults though.

Overall, this is a great set and a no brainer at this price.