on 21 May 2013
This was always a favourite of my son's and I remember the words of The Crocodile to this day! The rhymes are brilliantly written and funny. I bought this for my grandson, who, like his Daddy, absolutely loves me reading these to him and I get the same enjoyment that I did all those years ago. A must for every child's collection.
on 17 December 2013
I overheard one of the mums reading this to her daughter and loved it. Not dissimilar to Julia Donaldson's books. I'm sure my son's going to enjoy it as it's a nice easy read for a seven year old, very humourous.
on 5 June 2013
I bought this for my little boy as I used to love them when I was little! He is learning to read, so we read them together and he giggles away, thet's the beauty of these stories, they keep the attention of little ones! Lovely hard back edition with the old cover that I had!
on 12 January 2010
Excellent, we bought the book and the CD.
Usual Roald Dahl writing, my son (9) loves his books and loves teh CD's even more!
on 26 September 2013
Bought this for my 4 year old & 2 year old after reading a copy at their grandma's & they absolutely love it! They both find it hilarious, & we really enjoy reading the stories. Would definitely recommend.
on 7 November 2011
A series of fairly short poems about animals and beasts, each of which are just so entertaining from start to finish. My 8 year old son and I are giggling and gasping every bedtime at the beastly tales and naughty little phrases dotted here and there. We just love it. My son always cries out for 'one more!', and it is always very easy to oblige.
on 25 October 2011
I bought this book for my niece, her mum had tried everywhere for this book, but of course, good old Amazon had it!
She absolutely loved the story & could not read it quick enough!
Another sure winner!!
on 22 August 2011
Ahhhhh an all-time classic book which brings back so many happy hours bed-time reading with my children. My original book took some bashing so had to be discarded, but what an excuse to buy another copy! Fun all the way through and children just love the grizzly rhymes and stories. My own children recite the book from over 30 years ago without even having the book in hand. Memorable to say the least!! Now my grandchildren enjoy it too. Arrived quickly and well packaged.
on 24 May 2015
Unfortunately this proved too grown up for my almost 6 yr old grand daughter. She hoped to be able to read it herself but couldn't. She grew bored with it as she didn't recognise any stories. She normally loves Roald Dahl but felt disappointed at not finding a well lived story inside. If anything it was aimed at younger readers so my mistake.
on 25 October 2013
I enjoyed reading this book with my children and now I am enjoying reading it with my grand children. Roald Dahl's wicked humour and wonderful way with words is timeless. A treat for all ages.