on 12 August 2013
Jekyll and Hyde is such an iconic cultural phenomenon, that is talked about often, particularly in regards to mental health and assessment of personalities, or character. Because of that, I feel that as a reader in 2013 who has such cultural awareness about it's legacy, that I missed out. I didn't experience the suspense that those first readers would have enjoyed. To me, that's disappointing, but in truth, is not the fault of the novel or the author. In many ways it commends the legacy and infamy that this short story has left.

[Spoilers]

What I read I enjoyed, and what I particularly enjoyed was Jekyll's own descriptive narrative of himself and Hyde, his love and despair of that side of him, the creation of this duality of being, and his struggles of coping with this overwhelming and ever-present evil. One thing I would have loved to have read about was the reaction of Poole and Utterson after the revelation of the nature of Dr Jekyl and Edward Hyde. To me that would have been really enlightening.

I bought this edition because the covers are so attractive, and have indeed bought many other classics in this collection for the same reason.

I have yet to read the short story accompanied with this famous tale.
on 20 January 2016
Little disappointed with this book. The cover is very poor; not at all well presented. Obviously the story speaks for itself but felt the cover and overall look of the book really does not do this justice.
on 5 April 2016
Catching up with classics, not an easy read but I felt it was time to acquaint myself with the original story as it was intended to be. Enjoyable once engaged with the more formal and classical writing style.
on 2 July 2014
Good copy of the book, very useful for GCSE work, as it was the same as the one supplied by school except all the pages were more secure in this copy. Arrived quickly, and was used for the purpose it was bought, English GCSE, not a book I shall be reading again in a hurry!
on 29 December 2012
These make great gifts the covers are unique and great quality
I have started collecting these and I am pleased with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
Fantastic book and it also has a shorter story at the end which I didn't expect so two stories in
one book.
on 18 May 2012
About the book: Book is of good side, reads reasonably well, is paperback and looks good on my bookshelf.

About the story: Dr Jakyll and Mr Hyde has been one of my favourite childhood stories and I finally decided to purchase it and read it for myself. I'm not going to ruin it for you but it is definitely worth a read for anyone looking to read a classic, or just a good book! My only suggestion is to bring an old oxford dictionary or a search for a online one while reading, because the book has some quite old fashioned words in this version. I had to look up a few words, but it only added to the experience.
on 20 June 2013
What a ripping yarn. Foggy London with its sinister alleys and precocious gutter snipes comes to life. And how! A classic from one of the greatest British adventure writers ever. The inexplicable revulsion and fear you feel for Mr Hyde is palpable.
on 11 April 2016
Bought for grandson for his English lit. Can't say anything about the book because he was asked to get it. Hopefully he will pass his exam in two years time! :)
on 29 April 2016
Exactly what my son needed for his English literature course.
on 7 February 2016
This is a required book for someone at school