Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 March 2002
This book is wonderfully written and illustrated. I have used it with 2 classes of Year 1 and 2 children as a basis for a whole weeks worth of literacy hour lessons. It provided opportunities for character profiles, role play, story structure and many more! And most of all the kids LOVED IT!!! (many requests for it to be read at storytime)
on 2 July 2001
If you already know of Harry then you'll love this book!Not only do my two boys love hearing the story ,but they love trying to recreate the robots and act like robots (this involves lots of shouting of...BL AAA SSTT!!!)This book is great at getting their attention and firing the imagination.
on 7 March 2016
Nice story which the children really enjoyed. The story is based around robots although Harry's usual toys, the dinosaurs. can still be talked about as they are in the illustrations. Lots of opportunities for discussion-illness, kindness, counting, shapes etc so a good, all round enjoyable book with the familiar character of Harry.
on 6 September 2001
This is a wonderful, sensitive story in which a small boy, Harry, helps his gran recover by building a troupe of robots that 'BLAST!' her cough and bad chest away. Gently told and beautifully illustrated, it touches a range of emotions and appealed enormously to my 'rough, tough' five year old.
on 1 February 2015
Spoiler alert!!!
5 pages in, whilst reading it aloud for the first time to my daughter - I thought if bought a book dealing with bereavement and loss. Wasn't sure where the story was going and so adjusted my tone accordingly. I'm glad to say my tone changed and I finsished the story with a spring in my step and a flutter in my warm heart. Thanks for the roller coaster ride though - was close at times.
Story though - pretty medioca.
on 30 May 2010
Our son brought a copy of this book home from school. He was so disappointed to have to return it, so we ordered him his own copy of the book. He is extremely happy with his book, and now replaces his own name where it say's Harry. First class service.
on 17 November 2015
Lovely bright colourful pictures make this story come to life. My 3 year old is robot obsessed so I got this for his birthday, he loves it and is one of his favourites for bedtime. We however think it is a very strange storyline!
on 29 January 2013
A lovely book. It arrived on time and in good quality. The story is lovely and my class love Harry and his adventures. The robot theme fitted in nicely with our topic work and we made a robot hospital.
on 7 September 2013
I bought this as my granddaughter loved one of the books and she loved this one as well. Harry is very loveable.
on 2 August 2016
Loved this book - my grandson Harry loves Robots - so this was really cool ..... (his words)