Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 4 April 2005
This book is great. Lovely crisp and clear pictures, good story and a natural history/human evolution lesson in disguise.
Mum, Nan and Harry and big sister Sam go to the museum because Sam needs to research the Romans for homework. Harry takes his bucket of dinosaurs (including a new pterodactyl). They see cavemen, mummies and Romans. Then Harry wanders off and finds the dinosaur skeletons: Wow! Harry, the dinosaurs and my children are all wide-eyed. Plus there's a smashing illustration in the museum café of Triceratops playing a caveman, pterodactyl a legionnaire and T Rex a mummy.
My children and I love all the Harry books and this one is everything you'd hope for. I do think that the 'Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs' series is a slightly acquired taste, a taste that's very definitely worth acquiring. I wasn't hooked the first time I picked one up because there is a little low-level misbehaviour such as the brother-sister squabbling. However, the more of the series you read the more you enjoy each one exactly because of this: Harry is so real in a pretty normal family (Mum & Nan - there's no Dad in evidence). My children certainly appreciate this. They love it when Harry squirts the hose at sister Sam in this story, for example, before being sent to 'settle down'. Definitely worth adding to your child's book collection
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 10 December 2016
One of my favourite additions to the Harry collection. Harry decides to take his dinosaurs on an educational trip must to the dismay of his sibling. They go and see all the major historic time periods including the Romans and Egyptians. Harry ends up loosing his dinosaurs but they know exactly where they can find them.

I enjoyed reading this book to my son who is a big fan of Harry. The artwork is lovely and the books again takes your on another adventure with the Harry. If you are taking your family to the museum such as the National History Museum then this will get them excited. Lots to see and lots to learn in this book, not as good as some of the others but a worthy addition.
review image review image review image
on 23 May 2017
Children enjoyed the story fitted with the theme for our setting.Quick delivery. Very Happy customer
on 5 January 2013
Fantastic seriers of books. They cover all the different experiences children go through, so can prepare children for something they are going to do. Lovely for children 3+. I bought this as a present for a 6 year old and he loved it, so works for a range of ages. 5 stars
on 11 December 2014
Both my sons love Harry and the dinosaurs, and this book is no exception. As always, the story is well written, entertaining and engaging and the illustrations are great. Along with Harry makes a Splash, this is one of my favourite Harry and The Dinosaurs books
on 3 February 2013
This is a fun book for children aged 3-6. My son is four and thoroughly enjoys the Harry books. He particularly enjoyed this one as he loves visiting the Natural History Museum.

Emily J Grenfell
South Northamptonshire
on 27 March 2013
This book is the second Harry and the Dinosaurs book we bought after falling in love with Harry and the bucket full of dinosaurs. It's beautifully written from a young boys perspective and we read it every day...
on 7 October 2012
We bought most of Harry and the Dinosaurs books for my son, a few years ago, but now my daughter is so into them and loves them, just a much as my son.
A great read all round, for kids and parents.
on 9 January 2011
My 4 years old loves dinosaurs and loves Harry's stories. we have read this book many times since we received it and i am sure that we will read it many time again.
on 5 June 2013
Our little boy loves this child's series, this particular one was read at the local museum story time. He loved it and purchased it as a reward.