on 1 June 2017
quickly delivered was a great birthday present for my 3 year old great niece who has just started ballet.
on 29 December 2015
Granddaughter loves it in great condition. Couple small stands missing but easily fixed.
I bought this book for my 4 year old daughter, who attends ballet classes. She loves this book, and also enjoys watching the programme on television. The book shows children that no matter what size you are you can dance just like Angelina. Since starting school, in September, she now attempts to read some of the book herself.
A fantastic book with lovely illustrations.
on 4 August 2013
Made me very popular with my grand-daughter who is, at the age of seven, into ballet in a big way
Angelina Ballerina by Charlotte Spencer was first introduced to my granddaughter and me in this book. We read the book over and over. Now, we have the film, and my granddaughter is enchanted with it. Like other little girls, Angelina as a ballerina brings home the story when your own girl is taking ballerina classes. Angelina is a wonderfully animated film, and we live her in this household.

Angelina is becoming a ballerina. She and her friends are taking classes and are practicing for a recital. Angelina is a lovely young girl and has wonderful friends, but she does get into trouble as every child. In this film the singing, dancing and music is so invigorating. My granddaughter would get up and dance in front of the television. Then she would ask me to join her. What fun. In this film, a part if India is discovered, and a song and dance incorporated into their program along with their friend, Marc. We loved this film, and my granddaughter watches it over and over.

Recommended. prisrob 04-16-17
on 15 January 2009
My 3 year-old daughter has just started ballet and what better tale to accompany this new experience but this wonderful picture book which is 25 years-old this year!
Angelina is a little mouse who loves to dance. She dances at home, at school and even in her dreams! Unfortunately, all this dancing gets in the way of all the other things she should be doing, like tidying up, doing her homework and being helpful at home. Angelina's parents decide it is time for her to start ballet and send her to Mademoiselle Lily's lessons. Angelina turns out to be a gifted dancer and becomes a very happy mouse and eventually a great ballerina.

What I particularly like about this story is the positive message it send about children (or mice!) being happier if they take part in some kind of physical activity. What my daughter particularly likes about it is that it is all about ballet, and that Angelina wears a pink tutu! So everybody is happy!
on 8 January 2010
My 4 year old loved this. It comes with a little tu-tu, cardboard wand, slightly ill-fitting crown, tickets and invitations. She loves getting all the stuff out and putting on a little dance for us (often naked which is slightly disconcerting!). She has had it out quite a few times now. It comes with some throw around confetti stars that will instantly get lost, but otherwise it is well designed and you can put all the stuff back in the book fairly easily; this is a very good present for a little girl who likes dressing up/imaginative games.
on 2 November 2016
Sorry to any fans, but I found this so old fashioned it made my hackles rise. Angelina isn't allowed to dance unless she's in ballet class, and her mother has to ask her father what to do?! That's just not for me, and no message there that I want to pass on to my daughter. Will go looking for a book about the joy of dancing anywhere, instead.
on 7 January 2011
Adding to my daughters collection ..So had to buy it..Very cute short story but good and has fold out stage fun playtimes
on 20 January 2010
This CD has TEN Angelina Ballerina stories on it! It is excellent value and has kept my four year old daughter amused for hours.