Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 August 2004
As a boy I could not get enough of this book. I still can't. The pictures are great, the characters are instantly understood and the simple rhyme commits to memory in seconds. What little boy would not want to be Officer Pugh saving the kids toys on Christmas eve? Although I definitely have a soft spot for Peg-Leg Horace, and the picture of him handcuffed round a tree.
As an adult I still talk to my Dad about this book and how much I enjoyed it when we read it together when I was little. And now as a dad-to-be, imagine then how happy I was when I received a new copy from my parents to read to my child when he or she is old enough (although I think it may have been sent for me rather than the baby)! It is solid gold and a must for any parent to get their kids reading and more importantly to enjoy it.
on 26 April 2017
Our Grand-daughter thought this was very good, I knew the book when I was a dinner supervisor at a first school,the children always asked for this story.
on 12 April 2017
A very engaging book about lots of interesting characters doing dodgy things with a lesson in life to learn at the end of the story.
on 8 January 2016
Bought for my 11 year old granddaughter, I've not actually used it myself but she says it's really good.
on 21 May 2017
Great book
on 19 May 2017
Brilliant as remembered
on 30 January 2016
firm favourite of the kids, the parents and the grandparents
on 14 March 2017