on 7 August 2009
This is a simple and beautiful story with many layers of meaning. Little Cloud detaches himself from his mates, and experiments on his own "changing" into different shapes - an aeroplane, a clown, a sheep, all for different reasons. At the end his friends call to him again....and they make a shower of rain.

I like it better than the other Carle Books for my child (illustrated or written) because it prompts the imagination, and there are lots of opportunities for language, and crossing over to painting, and other media.

My child thought it was a lovely story and often asks for it at bedtime.
on 2 October 2017
excellent
on 15 February 2014
I read this story to my Reception class to fit in with our weather theme. I used it to show some characteristics of clouds but additionally it helped me to show the children how to use their imagination and how to empathise with others.
on 25 November 2010
I adore this book as I do all of eric carle's books. I would say my 2 year old likes it a bit but its not one he would pick as a bedtime story, perhaps because the pictures are slightly bland. Cute story though.
on 21 January 2013
I bought this for my 3yr old godson - mainly because I love Eric Carle's work. I was a little disappointed at how basic it was however apparently my godson really enjoys it as a bedtime book..so there you go! what do I know?!
I would recommend it for children who enjoy pictures and not so many words :) It's a very calming book.
on 21 June 2015
Lovely product
on 10 December 2015
Excellent! Superb! Wonderful!
on 17 July 2015
This is an excellent book with great illustrations. I perched it for my daughter when she was 14 months old and she still likes it now at 18 months.
on 15 October 2016
Great book
on 12 February 2014
This is a nice little book and good simple story but clearly not in the same category as the hungry caterpillar.