Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Masai and I (Picture Puffin)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 August 2012
I bought this book as part of an Olympics topic for my Reception class. Out focus country was Kenya and I needed some simple books to help them to understand about the life of the Maasai. This book is fabulous. It's a story which shows the comparison of life in the West with life in a Maasai village. The illustrations are amazing and detailed. The book sparked the imaginations of my class and they had so many questions about the Maasai people. My little Receptioners loved this book and insisted on it being read again and again. A resource to introduce the people of Kenya to young children.
on 17 December 1998
I use the Masai and I in my 6th grade classroom. It is the model for comparing cultures. Kroll catches the basic similarities and presents them in an appealing and educational fashion.
on 25 October 2013
No concerns nice pictures, and easy to read. I advise people to get thisbook for your children as it is entertaining. teaches about family values, to be thankfull and sharing!!
on 12 January 2017
Lovely book and illustrations. The only down side I had is buying a cheap copy from a seller and it was shabby and smelly. A old school book. But it's great for kids to understand the differences between cultures. Excellent book.
on 22 March 2015
Book a little battered but once sleeve taken off it was ok. Great story to compare lives of children in the UK/west to those in East Africa.
on 8 April 2014
a limited school budget means lack of funds so appreciate affordable quick service when resources are needed at short notice
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2015
Book bought for a Year One class for a lesson to compare life in Britain and Kenya and it did the job perfectly!
on 15 August 2016
My daughter fall in love with this book when it arrived. She had read or to my many times.
on 12 September 2014
different cultures....Everything is this book is cleverly written. Very good.
on 18 May 2016
fantastic item and great service thank you