Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 December 1998
I use the Masai and I in my 6th grade classroom. It is the model for comparing cultures. Kroll catches the basic similarities and presents them in an appealing and educational fashion.
on 2 August 2012
I bought this book as part of an Olympics topic for my Reception class. Out focus country was Kenya and I needed some simple books to help them to understand about the life of the Maasai. This book is fabulous. It's a story which shows the comparison of life in the West with life in a Maasai village. The illustrations are amazing and detailed. The book sparked the imaginations of my class and they had so many questions about the Maasai people. My little Receptioners loved this book and insisted on it being read again and again. A resource to introduce the people of Kenya to young children.
on 25 October 2013
No concerns nice pictures, and easy to read. I advise people to get thisbook for your children as it is entertaining. teaches about family values, to be thankfull and sharing!!
on 22 March 2015
Book a little battered but once sleeve taken off it was ok. Great story to compare lives of children in the UK/west to those in East Africa.
on 8 April 2014
a limited school budget means lack of funds so appreciate affordable quick service when resources are needed at short notice
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2015
Book bought for a Year One class for a lesson to compare life in Britain and Kenya and it did the job perfectly!
on 12 September 2014
different cultures....Everything is this book is cleverly written. Very good.
on 18 May 2016
fantastic item and great service thank you
on 28 February 2015