Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 April 2017
Brilliant book grandchildren love it
on 8 January 2004
A fantastic book for all ages. I read bedtime stories to my 3 boys and to find a book that a. keeps them interested b.makes them laugh and c.is entertaining for the reader is very welcome in my home. We especially like the recipe for Boy Cake !!! Excellent & well illustrated.
on 24 November 2009
RECIPE FOR A BEDTIME TREAT

Ingredients:
One boy (preferably sleepy)
One book entitled "Beware of Boys"
One cosy bed
One handkerchief
A large helping of cuddles
Some kisses (as many as you like)

Method:
1) Tuck the boy into the cosy bed & allow to settle
2) Read "Beware of Boys"
3) Wipe away the tears of laughter with the handkerchief
4) Add the cuddles & sprinkle on lots of kisses
5) Turn off the light & leave 'til morning
6) If the giggles start again, return & add another kiss or two!

WARNING: This bedtime treat is so moreish, you may have to follow this recipe again & again, night after night, for some time!
on 30 August 2006
This is a fantastically thought out story. The boy invents ever more ridiculous recipes and poor Mr Wolf runs all around to find the ingredients. Children love to say the words along with the adult and on second reading can spot the items the boy includes in the recipes for himself. Particularly good for reading to children in school.
on 30 January 2011
Fab book, I am a teacher and used this book with Y3/4 children to write instructions and the children loved it!
on 2 May 2012
This book was very funny, especially when the boy kept telling the wolf to get stuff and he was running back and forwards. The boy keeps on saying there is definitely no salt in the recipe but there always is and the wolf has to go back out and get something again. This book helps you to write recipes and instructions. It's a really, really good book for everybody, even adults and especially in school for teachers. It has lots of good ideas for your own writing. By Class 3
on 24 December 2012
As a teacher I used this book to help my year 3 students understand instruction writing. I found it particularly helped to engage the young boys in my class. It was lovely to have a story that went along with the recipes. This book also led to us creating our own interesting recipes which the students were very proud of. I will definitely use this book again.
on 31 March 2016
Used as part of an instructions unit in a Primary School with children aged 7-8. Children absolutely loved the unique story telling of Tony Blundell. They laughed and joined in where they could. Made a fantastic talking point and it's so beautifully illustrated too. It becomes a firm favourite every time I share this with the children.
on 13 January 2013
Really funny book, easy to read, suitable for ages 6 and above, links to the Literacy Unit for instructions. Boy freindly.
I would recommend this book for any Y2,3 teacher.
on 8 June 2013
my wee boy doesn't like reading so when I read good reviews on this book I got it...he does enjoy this book and he thinks its funny.. its a good book which he has returned to.