on 23 May 2010
I completely relied on this dictionary whilst a student at Swansea University. Not only does it work in the context of a dictionary, it also gives quick summaries of processes, vital during revision when you need to refresh your memory on how a process works. For example, I remember revising radiocarbon dating. I knew what the process involved but remembering exactly what happened with the isotopes, the half-life of them, etc, was foggy. Rather than having to trawl through papers and textbooks, reading lots of things about something I already knew but couldn't quite order in my mind, I was able to check the entry in this dictionary and it unlocked it all.

Now that I'm reading lots about climate change it's become a fixture at my side. Being able to check terms quickly is so much help.

A great book!
on 25 February 2017
Wow... how I love physical geography! What an excellent and informative book. 10/10 would recommend!
on 9 November 2015
Happy with the book and service will use them again cheers
on 23 October 2001
This dictionary provides absolutely brilliant , detailed definitions especially for my AS Geography course. It has really helped me and so far it has not failed in providing me with a definition that I need. However, my only criticism would be that the definitions can sometimes be a bit too detailed, but on the whole this book is a very useful resource.
on 21 March 2014
The book that is deliverd is not the book on the picture. It was een older version (from 2000 or so).