Customer reviews

The Mixed-up Chameleon (Picture Puffin)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 May 2017
Such a cute book - with a lovely message (be happy with who you are!). Eric Carle's style of illustrations are so beautiful, and work just as well here as in any of this other books.
on 24 April 2017
I thought it was a bit weird, but my toddler loved it and it became one of her favourite books
on 1 May 2014
Bought this for my great nephew, it's a wonderful story, that I used to read alot when I worked in childrens nurseries
on 5 April 2017
This book was smaller than expected
on 30 April 2016
I enjoyed reading this as preparation for a lesson in school. I teach English to Austrian primary school children and i use many of Eric Carle' s books because they often have large print, and plenty of colourful pictures. I also like the way in which th chameleon builds up his colours. This helps teach the colours in English. However, some of these books are in American English, and so I have to be careful about translation.
on 10 February 2009
I took several of Eric Carle's books to Sri Lanka when I was a voluntary teacher in a school in the hill country. The children were enraptured by the colours, the ideas and I was able to use this book as a teaching resource with children aged 4 - 10. I imagine that if reading this with young children anywhere one can play with the fun pictures and with the older child explore that child's desire to fit in with a certain group rather than recognise how wonderful that person is in his/her own right. So it looks simple but like all the well thought out Eric Carle books is a treasure trove for the adult reader and the child.
on 8 August 2010
Everything you would expect from an Eric Carle book. Nice story, bright colours, my daughter loves it.
on 25 May 2013
My daughter loves these books 9 months but she prefers the caterpillar above all of them maybe she'll grow into this one when she's a bit older
on 24 May 2013
Quite good this series of books are fantastic easy to read for beginners or english learners. Kids just love it
on 31 August 2011
My 3 year old little boy absolutely loves this book. We read it most nights. We even have to take it on holiday with us. My son loves looking at the bright pictures, and enjoys the story so much he can finish some of the sentences for me.