Customer reviews

1,086
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 September 2010
My son has loved this since I bought it for him when he was about 14 months old (he's now 20 months old), its great for animal noises for little ones and the flaps are good and sturdy for little fingers. But the story will continue to amuse him for a long time yet. In fact its so good i buy it for presents for friends babies!
on 28 May 2011
I brought this book for my 1 year old daughter, She loves lifting the flaps, especally if i make the animal sound with her copying, so the lion page has become a favourite. Can't wait to look at some of the other Rod Campbell books. Overall a favourite book and develops imagination. Lovely book and very good value for money.
on 6 December 2011
This book was on the BBC recommended list when my daughter was a baby (now 14) and she still has it as a reminder of her favourite baby book. Its great fun and you can add lots to it to make it a brilliant book to read to your children. Of course these days it comes with its own sound effects. Its just a great, fun book!
on 17 November 2016
This is an absolute classic. I've been reading this to my son since he was only a couple of months old. He laughs at the page with the snake in the grandfather clock. I bought this copy for a friends wee girl on her first birthday. Again it was an absolute hit. This is the board book which is recommend over the paper back.
on 13 May 2010
Fast delivery. This item was delivered in perfect brand new condition. It made a ideal present for my young niece as it is a all time childrens classic which she will enjoy for years to come. This board book version is perfect for small hands and easy to keep clean. Brilliant value for money. All in all a great purchase
on 6 March 2014
Several others had recommended this book and we originally loaned it out from the library. When I first read it, it didn't grab me. However, my baby loves it. So much so that after renewing the library copy several times, we opted to buying our own copy. My baby loves lifting the flaps to see the creatures underneath.
on 8 December 1998
Our daughter enjoyed this book at 6 months when probably all she got out of it was seeing the animals revealed by the flaps. Two years later, it's still a favorite, teaching her adjectives ("What grumpy mean?") and building anticipation on each page. It's also a good length for short attention spans.
on 2 December 2012
My oldest 2 children's favorite book. It was so used I had to buy another copy when the next baby came along. It might get boring for parents to read after a day or 2, but children will want this read to them again and again and never get bored of it. It's up there in the "favorite kid's books" in my house.
on 22 November 2010
I bought this for my son when he was 11 month old and he adores it. He gets all excited when he sees it and has on occasion fallen asleep cuddling it, after reading it for a couple of months he now makes the noise of each animal as he opens the crate to see what's inside - would highly recommend this to everyone.
on 17 March 2010
My daughter loves this book and likes to be read it a few times over in one sitting. She can't wait to pull the rather sturdy flaps open. I thought she was so engaged with the flaps that she wasn't paying attention to the story but when I told it to her without the book, I could see her reliving it from memory.