on 3 December 2006
I have had this book for years- a present from a good friend who thought that, as an Italian, I would find it interesting. She was right and my book is a well thumbed and battered copy now. It has travelled to and fro between Milan and London for many years, as I have been making mince pies for my family and friends both over there and over here. This particular recipe I mentioned is delicious as it has a gorgeous soft almondy shortcrust pastry. If you are interested in traditional British cooking you will love this little book. As a foreigner I think the information on the origins and tradition of a recipe is also very useful.
on 17 December 2014
Bought this to replace my now disintegrating from over-use original copy from over 20 years ago! The recipes are all excellent & work, l have never had a failure & many of them are now firmly woven into our family celebrations, especially at Christmas.
My son & his new wife & her parents will be getting copies for Christmas as well at their request.
on 26 March 2014
Original copy much used and fallen apart. Replacement copy in very good condition and already in use. Excellent recipes and interesting introductions.
on 5 January 2016
Such a useful and interesting book - my Christmas cooking bible - have had several which wore out so was pleased to find replacement
on 12 December 2014
Brilliant little book of traditional recipes and interesting anecdotes on old English traditions.
on 6 December 2014
I love this ittle book excellent condition and value for money
on 8 December 2015
Lovely receipes in this book. Good condition excellent price.
on 23 January 2016
A very useful and enjoyable book of recipes and ideas.