on 11 October 2013
Having been disappointed with the recent RSC adaptation I wanted to go back to source. This is a much more gogent and better structured story but like much of it's era errs on the side of wordy. Still worth the effort and more good than not.
on 12 January 2017
Good read for adults - I bought it to provide a wider range of reading for my teen daughter but it is a bit brutal so I have shelved it for a few years.
on 5 January 2017
Perfect for my English Literature degree and great value for money for a student.
on 13 September 2011
Did not realise that the print would be so small and difficult to read. Would have bought a more expensive copy had I known. This print size is only for young eyes and an attempt to save paper but it causes problems for some readers.
on 22 May 2017
Book was in terrible condition.
on 4 January 2015
I purchased this Kindle version to use as reference for a proposed dissertation for my MA in translation. It has proved easy to use in the Kindle version and a useful purchase.
on 15 November 2014
Excellent stories at a good price but a long wait for the book . I was forewarned though so I made the choice.
on 27 May 2016
good
on 27 June 2015
An extraordinary tale with many unpleasant events. One wonders how it can become the basis for Bernstein's popular opera
on 18 April 2012
I'm convinced that Voltaire is responsible for the above - the whole thing is a scream - luxury - going through the desert we were starved and we had to cut off my left buttock to eat to survive - this is comedy at it's best