on 12 April 2013
Who wouldn't be delighted to find the public domain list of FREE classic literature. This is fantastic. All the titles I've always wanted to read and for free - this is my kind of kindle heaven. I love the way they arrive on your kindle, they're so quick, it's like magic. Thank you public domain!
on 28 October 2016
The original classic tale that has fathered so many others. I have enjoyed the subsequent tales but until recently have not read the original. I wish I had more knowledge of the time as there are references to things that are obviously contemporary popular culture that has been lost since the 17th century. Overall, worth the time.
on 21 April 2012
I first encountered this play 40 years ago in a radio broadcast. It starred Ralph Richardson and (I think) Peggy Ashcroft, and I well remember the emotional impact of the closing scene. Rostand's play was magnificently translated by Fry: a theatrical classic.
on 19 July 2015
Fast service, well packed, product is as advertised. Thank you
on 11 February 2015
as described
on 10 November 2014
Romance, comedy, adventure and pastries.

This charming, profound, hilarious and heartbreaking play is a classic and should be read by all.
on 20 January 2015
great
on 2 November 2012
One of my favourites. English translation is decent, although rendering the author's intent entirely is impossible, especially when written in verses and with such wittiness.

Still a great read!
on 24 October 2015
A great classic
VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 October 2010
I already have this play in book form, but it is a personal favourite of mine and as I could get this for free I just had to download it so that I could always have it with me. I have had a contretemps with someone before, so I will make it clear, Cyrano was a very real person, who did have a large nose, although not as large as is usually portrayed. He was a dramtist and duellist who was very well known in his lifetime, he also wrote some great satires. Edmond Rostand did do research before writing this and so Cyrano is not the only character who appears who really existed. It was a hit when first performed, and was translated and performed in other countries as well, and is arguably the reason that the word panache entered the English language.

Cyrano is in love, but so is another with the same woman, and so Cyrano decides to help him, by composing verses, etc. and teaching him the finer points of wooing. Cyrano shows himself larger than life here, both in battle and duelling, whilst keeping quiet about his love.

This isn't the best translation but the story is here, and hopefuly if you decide to download it you will see why it has always remained popular, and indeed why it is one of my personal favourites. I should point out that though there are real characters here, the story itself is fictional.