on 27 May 2016
I hadn't read this for years and thoroughly enjoyed it this time. The characterisation and the descriptive names of the people were really amusing and the story rolled along at a good pace. Most amusing.
on 30 November 2017
Dickens at his worse, I really didn't enjoy this
on 4 January 2018
Exactly as described. As a lover of the Pickwick stories I have them in two volumes as part of a set of Dickens' novels. This combine paper-back enables the stories to accompany me when travelling. Thankyou!
on 9 January 2018
a really wonderful book makes you laugh makes you think makes you so aware of victorian landscapes the of debtor prisons of riding in carriages
on 25 June 2017
I quite an old copy of Pickwick Papers and the print was quite small with the pages discoloured. This copy meets my requirements,larger
print and nice white pages, making it an easier read
on 22 June 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2017
it was supposed to be free, i got charged and cannot return it even though it's been less than 14 days
on 28 November 2012
Excellent read, always had meant to read it, but only just got around to it, in fact funnier than I had imagined.
on 22 September 2017
A dreadful reading. I don't mind the American accent, but, unless you have bought this to help you get to sleep more quickly, you'll probably be very disappointed by the dull, monotonous drone of the reader, who sounds like an elderly lady with no enthusiasm for literature whatever.
I've removed it from my Ipod without more than a cursory listening, despite having listened to a lot of second-rate amateur readings of audiobooks with reasonable enjoyment.
on 12 April 2017
The Penguin edition is worth the extra few bob that you pay over and above the cheap Kindle editions. Good introduction, all the illustrations in the right place. This is not where I try to persuade you to read Pickwick, this is where I tell you that you owe it to yourself not to download an inferior freebie.