on 17 May 2013
I was introduced to the Mersey poets during my O' Level English Literature course. Until I had the opportunity to visit Merseyside although I loved the poems I didn't realise that I had been totally misled by the interpretation of my English Teacher. There is a gentle beauty about these poems offering an insight into life on Merseyside at the time. Before the Cavern was demolished and rebuilt elsewhere and outsiders believed that Toxteth was a city.

Roger McGough is now a wonderful presenter of Poetry Please on BBC Radio 4. Adrian Henri, perhaps the most sensitive of the 3 poets is sadly no longer with us, and Brian Pattern, just as brilliant, but perhaps the least well know of the three.

I have lost count of the number of times I have bought this book and loaned it to friends for each copy never to be returned. This copy is never to be loaned out!
on 7 April 2014
I have happy memories of this book from my schooldays in the 1970s when it all seemed fresh and new. Now, the poetry still stands up but there is a coating of nostalgia that adds to the pathos of some of the work.
on 28 September 2014
Fabulous ....with original cover design...ordered this after watching prog on bbc about 60's poets...grew up in 60's but only heard of one of them...well used paperback with 'browned' pages...but still good condition...feels like I just picked it off some old beatnik's bookcase! Taking my time working thru the poems...to be savoured....takes me back...happy memories. Thankyou bbc!
on 6 February 2016
I received a different version from the one shown in the illustration, with some different poems too, but no less good. Still love the Mersey sound after all these years. Arrived well packaged and in reasonable time
on 12 February 2011
This is just as I remembered it: Wonderful innovative writing. This book of poems is fun to read, particularly those by Roger McGough. The language flows beautifully. The words are used in unexpected ways and give vivid mind pictures. You can dip in, or sit and read. I come back to the book time and time again.
on 27 October 2012
a good copy of a classic poetry book of the 1960,s .It has a much better size and cover than the modern version.
on 17 April 2013
I had a copy of this when I was little! To read it again now that I am big was wonderful; what memories. I wonder what I will be when I grow up!
on 21 April 2012
I bought a copy in 1969 - it was a revelation. I bought this one for a friend - a great gift :)
on 2 May 2015
Interesting and funny in parts.
on 13 March 2012
This was as it was described in the description - an old copy but perfect for what I wanted it for, in university. Very pleased with the product.