Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 May 2017
A cat's report of life with a family.
on 27 November 2015
Love this story and just right for my grandson as there cat could be the Killer Cat!
on 7 April 2011
I bought this for my 10 year old pet obsessed son. He enjoyed it a lot and read it in a couple of sittings. The rest of the family also ended up reading it and laughing. It is great when read out loud too.

It was a bit shorter than I expected but I can still recommend it without any reservations.
on 29 September 2016
Kids loved it.
on 11 January 2017
This book was not in very good condition as stated. The cover was ripped and the pages are yellow. Very disappointed
on 17 October 2014
This entertaining, well-written diary by Tuffy the cat is a godsend for any household in which the family cat is in the habit of bringing in its prey, whether live or dead, and it'll encourage your kids to forgive and understand its instinctively murderous habits. I think perhaps I should keep it to hand to restore my sense of humour whenever I'm clearing up the latest remains from our cat's midnight feasts - usually the discarded liver (I think) of a mouse, which it neatly eats its way around.

One thing I didn't like: it opens with a forthright "So hang me" at the start of one of the cat's confessions. Not entirely comfortable with talking about hanging or explaining what it means to young readers/listeners, and I think that should have been edited out and replaced with a lesser proposed punishment! But otherwise, great fun.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 April 2015
This book is perfectly pitched for that awkward time when children are beyond simpe picture stories but not ready for small print children's novels. It is very easy to read and written with a wicked humour that grabs you and makes you want to read more. Plus, of course, it's fun to identify with a cynical cat.
on 8 April 2017
Brilliant for 7-11 year olds,it is a very funny and interesting read. I would recommend other books in this series.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 February 2010
This is a cracking book.

It bridges the gap between the sentimental animal story that younger kids (and many adults!) love and the humour rich materials that beginning readers crave. The cat just cries out for a voice - "OK, so I killed the bird" - demands to be read in a mock gangster voice. "What are they going to do nail up the cat flap? ................They nailed up the cat flap"!

The cat in question is wise, funny, touchy, independent and does not like dogs - ie it's a real cat, which just happens to talk! Gales of laughter normally flow from my kids when they are reading this book. It really is funny.

The large font size of the text means the book is easy to read, but it also means it is shorter than it seems. The overwhelming demands for an extra chapter before bed also makes the book fly past.

Great fun, well written, entertaining and just a little bit mischievous. What else does a book need?
on 13 March 2004
I recommend this book to everyone young and old. It is funny and entertaining, and gives you live from a cats point of view. It will help any child to enjoy reading. Can not wait for The Return of the Killer Cat. Notso Hotso is also a good read from a dogs point of view.