Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 January 2017
This is an absolutely wonderful children's book and I grant it the highest of all recommendations.

I read this along with the other wonderful tales from the same author, Philip Ridley, when I was once young. Keen to pass on the joy to the next generation I bought this book second-hand for my cousin's son.

Filled with wacky characters, exhilarating dialogue and climaxing excitement along with some pretty 'rad' doodles! Perfect for children and adults alike who seek a fun story to share.

When it comes to editions - I did opt for the second-hand one so that it would be the same as mine - the cover immediately bringing back all the memories of reading and re-reading in my childhood.

Do discover the other titles by this supremely talented author, many more adventures await :)

Very good egg

PS. I do believe this author has not released books recently but I'm pretty sure he has written a few plays that are/have been on show at Soho Theatre
on 9 April 2012
Read this book with my class of 7 year olds! Brilliant fun to read aloud and was a struggle to put the book away and get the children out of school at the end of the day in time! I enjoyed it myself as a child and will definitely read it to my new class next year too!
on 27 November 2016
Quick delivery, my Grandson enjoyed it almos as much as the Factory made boy.
on 25 May 2017
Good
on 9 March 2014
This book helps children (and adults) explore some of the complexities of life in a bright, colourful, sensitive yet humorous manner.
on 22 September 2015
cannot comment, it was for my grandson
on 16 September 2010
This was my favourite book growing up. It's so magical, I must have read it a hundred times. As a young girl it inspired me to be adventurous and creative. It's not only written beautifully, but it has magnificent illustrations which may keep the younger reader's attention.

I highly recommend it, not just for the target audience, namely 10 - 14, but even to adults who wish to recapture that sense of adventure. It's not written in a patronising or childish way and it's pure pleasure to read.
on 25 December 2002
The cover of this book reflects the storyline: colourful. It is a wonderful adventure in colour, and the descriptions of these "scribbles" are magical. The characters in the book are brilliant, all very unique. I don't think anyone except Philip Ridley could think of people like these. This book is a rollercoaster of emotions, with a fantastic ending. I must recommend this to all children and adults, as it is one of those books that makes you feel really happy.
on 8 November 1999
Scribbleboy is a lovely book for young readers. The words in the book are not to small but not to big and there are also some detailed drawings which help to understand each character as you go along. If you are a mother and have a son or daughter between 9 - 12 and they like reading then this is the perfect christmas gift.
on 23 March 2001
Scribbleboy is a tale of a boy (Bailey) bringing back the lost tale, of scribbleboy this turns ito a big adventure, when scribbleboy cant control his fantastic scribbles! Scribbleboy, will leave you hanging on the edge of your seat, and it is a must read book!!!!!!