Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 22 December 2006
I LOVED this book as a child, but after years looking for my lost copy, I had to buy another. At 18 I still think it's a fabulous book that everyone must read!
VINE VOICEon 7 October 2009
This book is the tale of an initially proud bear who doesn't quite make the grade in the factory, and his long and torturous adventures through a WW2-era Britain before he finally ends up both friendly and loved. It's everything you'd expect from this Ahlberg partnership - a well-written story with a scattering of appealing line drawings by Janet. It's at the straight end of the Ahlberg spectrum though with none of the quirkiness of the more recent The Cat that got carried away etc. and for more confident readers. Smashing!
on 8 April 2013
I started reading this book at school and loved it.
He is such a funny character and although some of the language was old fashioned and hard to read, I loved the story
My best bear has been everywhere with me from day one so I can relate to this teddy, every bear needs a good home!
Natasha age 8
on 4 May 2013
Lovely book, fantastic author and wonderful story for children of all ages, one of Ahlbergs best pieces of work in my opinion.
on 3 November 2014
Brilliant book. Arrived in good condition