on 3 April 2017
My favourite series of books as a child, that brought a world of magic to life long before Harry Potter arrived. They're funny, silly, captivating. So I bought the whole series for my 8 year old son :)
on 18 October 2001
This book is thoroughly enjoyable and makes you crave more of this comic witch and all her friends. Even though the stories are aimed at children, this book has elements and language which will amuse many older readers - similar to that in the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. With voices that jump out of the book at you, they make the characters more realistic and interesting. Kate Umansky is a great writer and once you've read one Pongwiffy novel you'll always come back for more.
on 21 October 2000
When I first read Pongwiffy when I was 9, I would go to bed early just so that my mum would be able to read an extra chapter before I'd fall asleep. Exellent no childhood would be worth complete without it!
on 8 June 2004
I thought that Pongwiffy was a very good book and I recomend it to anyone. Hugo the hamster made me laugh buy the way he talks. I am buying this for my best friend!
on 21 October 2000
When I first read Pongwiffy when I was 9, I would go to bed early just so that my mum would be able to read an extra chapter before I'd fall asleep. Exellent no childhood would be complete without reading it!
on 27 January 2017
A laugh out loud story time book for youngsters. This went down very well with my Primary School age nephews. They love Kaye Umansky's humour and this has encouraged them with their reading.
on 20 February 2016
Just a great read for kids! Witty and readable, great for the adults too! This was a re-purchase for my younger boys, as my older boys liked it so much
on 7 November 2015
An amusing and entertaining read for girls 7-10 years old. Worth buying.
on 26 February 2015
Great story, entertaining and well written.
on 23 September 2015