Customer reviews

This Little Puffin : A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes,Songs and Games
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 August 2000
I have used the Little Puffin for almost ten years now and I have to say that as a nursery nurse I could not work with out it. I have used it with every age group of children from 0-8 years old. It is so easy to use with all the songs being in catagories e.g 'seasons' and 'sea shore'. It gives simple music for songs you may not know the music to and gives fun variations of simple nursery rhymes. I thoroughly recomend that all childcare workers invest in a copy and keep it with them at all times and particularly recommend it for people who are just beginning their training as it is really useful if you have a few minutes to fill and just can't think of a song. After all we have all heard " Can you sing me a song about..." With This Little Puffin you can quickly access a song about almost anything! 10 out of 10
0Comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 October 2017
I first had an earlier edition of This Little Puffin when I started teaching many years ago as an Early Years Teacher. Replaced it several times. It's invaluable for anyone with young children. All new babies that I give gifts to have this paperback as part of their gift.
on 23 August 2016
I love this book, it is a treasure trove of songs and nursery rhymes, great for any parent or teacher of young children.
on 6 September 2016
Thanks
on 26 February 2016
great for early years to get ideas for actions and rhymes to develop the childrens communication and language
on 13 August 2017
Fabulous collection of songs and rhymes
on 23 February 2015
This book will be very useful when I start working in a nursery.
on 16 March 2010
I have used this book for about 15 years now, and is essential for all those who are bringing up, caring or working with children. It is not a big colourful book, for sharing with children - there are plenty of those already, and it would be just too enormous if it were, and impossible to read, and expensive. This is a -pop-in-the-pocket or handbag book, to take with you to refer to and get ideas from at any moment, and to improve your own knowledge. It is almost THE definitive book on childhood verses, rhymes and songs. I was introduced to it on a music course for children in the Early Years at school. I have bought it and recommended it so many times to people. A great addition would perhaps be a CD with the tunes to sing along to, but even if you don't know the tunes, why not make them up?!
on 18 April 2007
I have just rediscovered this treasure thanks to a little boy I take to nursery at the moment. his elder brother (6) confided in me that their mother "knew some of the rhymes in there". the book belongs to the nursery teacher, but flicking through it the lovely illustrations stirred memories of having this book shared with me as a child and straight away i thought 'i hope amazon has a copy!'
on 11 September 2010
someone bought THIS LTITLE PUFFIN for me when I had my first child. We both enjoyed the finger rhymes and tickling songs! the repetition helped my son develop his language skills and the book encouraged time together doing fun things. i have given this book to many people who are expecting/just had a baby and they have all enjoyed the book very much. i discovered a few years ago that THIS LITTLE PUFFIN is on the NNEB course book reading list!