on 24 April 2015
I used to read this as a kid and I was overjoyed to find it for my friend's little girls birthday. Arrived next day, excellent condition, made a little girl very happy.
on 23 September 2015
My 8year old daughter loves this book
on 25 January 2016
My 8 year old son's, who is a book worm, favourite book so far!
on 6 February 2013
Recommendation- I have rated this product. You can tell how good I think it is by the amount of stars I gave it. Mark B
on 8 April 2017
I've expected it to be illustrated. In the preview there is one illustration so it suggested to me that there are black and white illustrations. But the book has no illustrations at all - it is very disappointing.
on 22 November 2012
I enjoyed the book but was a little disappointed as I was hoping it would be as good as Pippi Longstocking. To me, Pippi was absolutely outstanding; this one was good.
on 29 January 1997
I was about eight when I first got this book as a Christmas present from my parents. The story tells of a young girl born into a band of robbers during 'a dark and stormy night.' The robbers, whose leader Ronia's father is, live in a castle that was split in half by lighting the night Ronia was born. The other half of the castle is inhabited by a rival group of robbers whose leader has a son the same age as Ronia. One summer Ronia meets Birk, her counterpart, in the woods, and the children start a secret friendship.

Filled with wholesome adventures in the woods, interesting creatures (none of them TOO scary), and a conflict of families that gets solved in the end, the book is a delight. This book remains one of my favorite books from childhood, one that I read many times and always looked forward to reading again.
on 14 March 1999
I read this book when I was in elementary school. I am now an adult, and have not read it since; however, I feel quite confident in giving it an excellent review. Somehow, I was surprised that the reading level is so low...despite the fact that I was so young when I read it, it still appeals to me, so I feel like it ought to be a grown-up book that my extremely mature ten-year-old self just happened to read. Regardless, it's a marvelous book which makes the reader want to live in the forest with the bands of thieves and be just like Ronia (or, for boys, her forbidden friend, whose name escapes me). A great read!
on 10 December 2000
A beautiful book. The familial relationships and questions of Ronia echo every inquisitive child, and the magic of the forest, along with its inhabitants will enthrall any active imagination. Thoroughly recommend this book for children of any age and adults who like to believe in trolls, gnomes, harpies and spirits.
on 29 June 2013
I won't go into details about how great and refreshing and amazing and heart-warming this book is. Many have done so here already. Astrid Lindgren has enchanted generations of children with stories that were way ahead of their time, featuring strong, independant child heroes and heroins. This book is no exception. I haven't bought my copy here as I'm Dutch and cherish my own (Dutch) copy that I've owned since the 80's when I first read it as a little girl. I, however, do highly recommend buying a copy for your daughter or son (or any family member under 12 :-), as this story hasn't lost any of it's appeal over time. It's amazing to think it was written so long ago. Like I said, Lindgren was way ahead of her time, especially with her feisty, strong female heroins like Pippi or Ronja. Still great role-models for young girls (though boys will enjoy the adventure just the same)!

I just wanted to let fans of the book know that there is a wonderful Swedish screen adaptation available, for which Lindgren herself wrote the screenplay (it was a mini series that was aired in 1983, and then that got cut down a year later to make a feature length film). Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to exist a copy with English subtitles. There is German dubbed version, a Polish and a Swedish one (I believe one of those is the original miniseries, which is slightly longer than the film made out of it, but not that much longer), both without English subs.

I would recommend the Swedish version (or watching the Polish one without the Polish subs), the story is easy enough to follow (especially if you've read the book). The two young Swedish child actors playing Ronja/Ronia and Birk both act very natural, as they both never had acted before. I adored the film as a little girl, replaying my old VHS recording of it countless times untill it broke (I was inconsoleable...). I've written a review of the dvd on this site as well. I was lucky to finally find a copy with Dutch subs a few years back. Untill that time I cherished my copy bought on a holiday in Denmark, even though it didn't have Dutch or English subs. I watch this little gem once a year, just to feel like an adventurous kid again. I loved it so much growing up, both the book and the film. So, there's a great screen adaptation out there. Please, do yourself or your young family members a favor and check it out!