on 29 October 2011
When I was a girl, my bedroom was filled with books like this that could be opened for a giggle at the end of the day or to ward off boredom when stuck at home with a tummy ache. Hooray to the publishers for re-issuing this anthology of the type that inspired my own life long love of books.
on 28 October 2011
To my generation, Kaye Webb was a mythical creature. Her name appeared in all the books by all the authors we loved, even though we never knew what an Editor did. This collection lives up to the legend.
on 9 January 2014
Bought this for my nine year old granddaughter. She tells me she loves it and her eleven year old sister is dipping in and out of it too. A book to keep
on 19 June 2015
10 yr old grand-daughter love this book - she especially liked it as it contains poems for children chosen by children.
on 12 August 2013
I love this book. I had it as a child and it fell apart. I have now bought it to read to my son.

The selection of poems is great. There is something for everyone, from psalms from the bible, to made up words (like the Jabberwocky, and My name is Sluggery...).

My 2.5 year old, already loves "On the ning nang nong".

I also like reading the comments from the children as to why they chose that poem.
on 20 April 2011
This really is an excellent compilation of poems with a massive range in styles and content. I highly recommend it!
on 28 September 2015
A nice poetry book, albeit not full of pictures or illustrations. Suitable for youngsters over eight years.
on 9 October 2016
This little poem book looked excellent as it started with poems for 7 year olds and went up to 15 years.
on 29 November 2012
I had this book as an 8 year old and loved it. I then used it with most of my primary school classes when I taught and the kids all loved it, especially the reviews of each poem that the children gave. We often did an 'I Like This Poem' class book at the end of the year. My copy was falling apart and so I'm delighted to have a new copy to share with my own children.
on 18 April 2015
Wonderful book! So glad I purchased it. Really enjoyable poems with the reason for each one's selection. Particularly liked the poems I studied myself at school. Like visiting old friends. Lots of 'new' ones, too, to ponder and inwardly digest. Many thanks!