Customer reviews

Mrs Wobble the Waitress [Happy Families Series]
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 April 2014
This series of stories is simple enough for little ones to 'get' as they revolve around families - something which is often at the centre of their own games - and quirky enough to surprise and delight. Even as an adult reader you are amused .. and stay that way on repeated reading. The pictures are good too, there's plenty to comment on and be interested by for little minds.

As the books are simply written they are also near-accessible to new readers, my five-year-old can sound out most of the speech bubbles or signage in the pictures to me, which gives her the sense of being a reader herself. I can see her reading them to herself at some point in Year One.
on 17 March 2013
I rember reading this to my own six yearold boys, now their children laugh in just the same way. It has the added adventage that I do not have to learn a new book. The illustrations are supportive of the text, a great help for new readers, each picture is an art work in itself and sets a high standard for children to aspire to when they are making their own books.Any child that has ever had a wobble and spilled something when carrying it to the table will totally empathise with Mrs.Wobble!
on 10 May 2017
As a former teacher, I am so happy these are still in print to share with my grandchildren. Well packaged
on 18 April 2013
Myself and my three year old have just purchased Mrs Wobble and read it for the first time this evening. We love it! Along with great illustrations, the book is filled with the sort of gentle humour that I have grown to expect from the Ahlbergs (we have a mounting collection of their books - difficult to pick out a favourite; they are mostly all bonkers, but Burglar Bill might just have it). As a result, have just ordered a few more from this series.
on 25 December 2017
WYSIWYG.
on 21 July 2017
Kids age 5-7 loved this book
on 3 June 2016
Five year old and two year old were in hoots when I read them this story. Remember it from my time as an infant teacher,so has been around a while but like all the best children's stories it has survived the test of time.
on 3 January 2017
I bought this book for my 4 years old grandson.He enjoyed a lot the story of this little book.
on 15 August 2014
Funniest story in its series, my 3 yr little one wants me to read for her again and again.
on 11 January 2015
Fab story and fun to read. Will be buying more in the series.