on 31 May 2017
The Book will make you what to read more about Mrs frisby and the rats of Nimh. Nale bitingly good
on 29 July 2016
I've had this since was a child.
Its a simple but lovely story which i still e joy as an adult. I bought it for my Great Niece and she loves having it read to her.
on 29 May 2017
Read this at school, a good book & arrived in good condition
This is obviously an excellent book, but here's what might be an interesting thought. There are lots of books with animal characters, but in very few of them do you really feel like the characters are those animals, (as opposed to just characters that have been put into animal bodies). For example, the one complaint I read in reviews of Brian Jacques' "Redwall" series is that scale is always way off, and characters don't act like the animals they are supposed to be.

Here, the rats are rats and the mice are mice. They think, behave and cope just like you would expect sentient, intelligent rats and mice to act. So, in addition to the charm of the story and the appeal of the characters as such, you also get a chance to really appreciate the creativity that went into conceiving and writing the book. Fun bonus.
on 3 October 2014
I loved this story as a child and still do. Beautifully crafted and written with care and attention to detail.
on 1 February 2016
This is a wonderful story, years ago I bought it for our son and this time I bought it for our grandson. They both enjoyed reading it together.
on 6 March 2017
For my kids - as good for them as it was for me all those years ago.
on 2 December 2003
I am only 12, but was engoed by this epic story. It was better than the moive, which is a rare thing for me to say. I would recomed this book to anyone with an heart and soul. I prosime, you will be suprised by a the twists. And I would like to thank my Teacher, Mr. T, for reading tis book.
on 5 November 2016
I'm afraid this really wasn't for me. It's obviously a children's book, but I still love children's book so that wasn't it. I think it may have just been too dated for me. Sorry O'Brien, I wanted to like it!
on 27 April 1999
The first I ever heard of this book, I was all of 10 years old. My home teacher, Mrs Bird, would read to us in the closing minutes of the school day. It wasn't too long before we were all totally captivated by this gorgeous litte tale. But the year came to an end too soon and we never did get to the end of the story. Now, 20 years on, I figured it was time to find out just what happened to The Frisby Family and the mysterious Rats of Nimh.
It is spring and Mr Fitzgibbon is getting ready to plough his field. This causes a great deal of distress for a family of field mice who have their winter home in an old cement block in the field. Normally, at the first signs of spring, they would pack up what they could carry and move to their summer home, far removed from the tractors and ploughs. But this year Mrs Frisby's youngest, Timothy, falls ill and the doctor's advice is, above all else, that he not be moved. But what can she do? With little time to spare and simply no other options available to her, Mrs Frisby seeks out the Rats of Nimh and before too long, she finds herself caught up in the company of these amazing rats.
Thus, we enter the secret world under the rosebush. We learn how the Rats of Nimh came to be, we meet Nicodemus, Arthur and the brave Justin, we learn all about The Plan and the role Mrs Frisby's late husband, Jonathan, played in the Rats' colourful history.
It's a wonderful story with delightful characters - Mr Ages, the doctor; young Jeremy the Crow; the fearsome farm cat, Dragon and above all the brave and simply lovely Mrs Frisby, who is determined to save her family - at all costs.
It's a book that will appeal to everyone - regardless of age!!