Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 May 2017
As these are quite old-fashioned stories, I wasn't sure whether my 7 year old would like them, identify with them, or in some cases understand the vocabulary. However she tells me it is one of her favourites and enjoyed talking about how things were different in Milly-Molly-Mandy's day.
on 10 January 2016
My 6 year old loves hearing all about what Milly Molly Mandy got up to in the olden days!!
on 13 June 2017
Can't wait to read this to my grandchild.
on 21 March 2017
Excellent stories
on 13 May 2017
My Australian grand-daughter loves it as I did when I was a child.
on 11 April 2017
Brilliant mums day gift brought back many memory's
on 13 June 2017
very good
on 18 February 2014
Bought for an advanced reading 6 year old.
Stories are safe and sweet my daughter said the book is brilliant!
on 24 August 2010
This is one of the books I learned to read over 70 years ago, so I was delighted to find that it was still available. My little 5 year old granddaughter is just growing out of picture books with simple stories and I find it difficult to find something for her age group. She loves being read these stories as much as I did when I was her age.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 November 2015
Another classic that I bypassed in childhood, but unlike some, it stands the test of time for an adult reader.

I decided to try it to see if I would read it with my son in the next year or two. Despite it being about a girl, and a girl many many decades past, I do think he'd quite enjoy the stories about Milly-Molly-Mandy.

She's a fairly good little girl (she's no Horrid Henry), and has rather twee adventures (blackberry picking, earning money, running a shop), I really liked the writing style, and seeing the quaint language and references to pony and traps, old customs and behaviours. It felt nostalgic but I would enjoy talking to my son about times past with it.

MMM is sweet and not overly so. Her family manages to be eccentric enough to be interesting. Her little village seems rather sleepy and quiet, where everyone knows everyone else.

The illustrations are wonderful line drawings, and perfectly match the tone and style of the writing.

Thoroughly enjoyed my short journey with Edwards' Milly-Molly-Mandy and will definitely try it with my son (currently 4) before long.