Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Having spend my last 15 years as co-founder of the Cork Animal Care Society rescuing companion animals (and wildlife) this tiny tiny book moved me to tears. I am old (over 70) and battle hardened because of my voluntary work but this book is so well written it will burn itself into your soul. Paul Gallico is one of the worlds finest writers and any of his books will give you countless hours of joy while he takes you on the story told. But be warned, you too might shed a tear, just like I did and find yourself re-reading it many a time. Albert
on 10 July 2016
I ordered this in haste as a present, expecting it to be a small hard backed book, similar to the copy that I have. I was hugely disappointed when it arrived. It is more of a pamphlet, approx A4 in size. whilst the book itself is brilliant, the publishers are ripping us all off, with this edition. I suggest potential purchasers buy another version in side eg a second hand copy of the hard back book.
on 13 December 2014
Bought for my sons who will "discover " it at Christmas had forgotten what a perfect book it is !
on 11 September 2014
My headmistress at school recommended this to her pupils and only just got round to reading it, (fifty years later).
Excellent, should have got to it sooner.
on 28 November 2015
A different format to what I was expecting, but it's fine and clean and good. Quite satisfied. Thank you.
on 5 November 2014
Great for children to learn about the 2nd world war. Easy for them . For older one's reflective and a bit sad.
on 9 May 2016
A childhood favourite ripe for re-reading.
on 9 January 2017
the text is fine but I was slightly disappointed by the large format
on 9 September 2010
I read this story, and listened to Spike Milligan's recording of the Snow Goose some 40 years ago. This is one of the finest books I have had the privilege of reading and owning. My uncle was killed at Dunkirk, rescuing soldiers of the British Army, on 6th June 1940. I was born on 17th June 1940. So the story has special impact on me. Many, many thanks.
Peter E Bradley
on 4 January 2015
A lovely edition of a classic story. Still reduces me to tears when I read it.