on 27 June 2017
Enjoyed this book arrive before stated time...
on 16 June 2017
Goo holiday read
on 8 June 2017
'A Spy By Nature' is Charles Cumming's first novel, and it many ways it shows - it's not nearly as polished as his superb Thomas Kell trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't particularly like the main character, Alec Milius, who is deceitful and self-centred to an almost narcissistic degree, and I didn't care much for the fact that the narrative is all in the present tense. I was therefore tempted to give up when I was a quarter of the way through, and nothing particularly exciting had happened, but I persevered and was glad I did. The story has a strong plot and the pace gets steadily faster until reaching a powerful ending.
Although 'A Spy By Nature' is not Charles Cumming's best work, it's still better than most other spy fiction out there and I will definitely be reading the second volume in this series.
on 2 June 2017
nothing happens until way in . . . I never finished it
on 24 April 2017
very good
on 6 April 2017
very good
on 15 March 2017
disappointing - I have liked Charles Cummings' other books but this one is so slow to get started - with little dramatic pull
on 23 February 2017
Love Charles Cummings and this does not disappoint
on 2 February 2017
Really enjoyed the book. Not the ending I had thought and I want to know what happens to Alec and Saul.
on 29 January 2017
Gift for my dad. He said it was very good