on 1 July 2001
This book could be a lot better. The maps at the back could be a bit more detailed, and in my opinion, some of the information was a bit overly sensationalised and not practical nor helpful (unlike the Lonely Planet guides, which are ace). I think there could be more focus on the negative aspects of Paris as well. The descriptions are short and concise, but the format is too congested (buy the DK Eyewitness guide if you want a more interesting read), and the index in the back is terrible. I found it difficult to quickly find the information that I needed.
on 12 November 2001
while I agree with the earlier - disappointed - reviewer, I should like to mention that the historical section in this guide book is actually rather good. Also, I have yet to go wrong with any recommendation made by this guide over the years. Readers might also be interested in knowing that a weekly update of recommendations is published in the 'Pariscope' guide.
on 10 February 2002
As a first timer in Paris, this guide was indispencable and after the few days i spent their, thoroughly thumbed. The only thing I found slightly lacking was the lack of clarity on the maps - the bus routes for example were near impossible to follow without another map to cross reference with.