Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

I am a big fan of this husband and wife writing partnership and approached this one anticipating a believable, intelligent read......I was not disappointed. three seemingly unrelated young women receive death threatening letters. Do they know this person? Will he be successful in his threats of torture and mutilation? To say more would be wrong, but believe me this is thriller of the highest standard . There are various possible perpetrators and I changed my mind more than once which added to my enjoyment and kept me guessing to the end. A great, riveting read from two masters of this genre.
on 27 January 2014
Nicci French always does it for me. She has a way of endearing you to the main character (always a woman) by making you feel all warm and cosy about them even if their everyday lives are mundane like most of us, there is always that underlying feeling of danger about them which keeps you turning the pages, dying to know what happens to them.

This book is no exception. Her three "heroines" are just ordinary women caught up in circumstances beyond their control, at the mercy of an unkown killer together with a dysfuntional and misguided police force who are trying to be helpful but failing dismally to apprehend their target leaving the victims to rely on their own resources.

The story as all her others, keeps you on the edge of your seat right up until the last page.
on 7 May 2017
I enjoyed this book. I thought it was a clever take on a normal "murder mystery ". Well put together and well thought out. A few twitsts to keep you wondering., interesting characters, overall a good read.
on 5 August 2017
Superb nothing else to say
on 13 June 2017
I have loved this book. I have not read a book in days since I was a teenager! Tragically gripping read. Great end, thank god one survived!
5 stars from me for any Nicci French book.
on 24 March 2017
From start to finish thought provoking . I love reading books that need to be thought about. Thrilling story. Thanks
on 10 September 2017
From the first page you are caught by the story and cannot escape. Writing in the first person from the beginning lulls the reader into a false sense of security which is suddenly shattered and never returns.
on 15 August 2017
Very slow start, if it wasn't for my long flight I wouldn't have read beyond the first few chapters. The storyline was weak and predictable - not up to same standard as the Freida Klein series at all. Disappointing.
on 21 July 2017
Good condition and excellent read
on 15 August 2017
I realised that I had read it before oops but enjoyed it again