on 13 November 2010
I was a heavy smoker, minimum three packets a day and upto five at weekends. I read this book over a four month period, about a page a day, finished on the 7th October 2006, then on the 8th October 2006, I just stopped, no pain, just stopped, I have not smoked since.

I cannot thank Alan Carr enough.

October 2011: It is now five years since I stopped, never had a cigarette or even an urge to have one.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2009
I AM A 40 YEAR OLD MALE.
I HAVE BEEN SMOKING SINCE I WAS 15.
2 MONTHS AGO I WAS SMOKING 40 A DAY.
I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES AND EVERY METHOD YOU CAN THINK OF TO TRY TO QUIT,
INCLUDING HYPNOTHERAPY.
I READ THIS BOOK AND HAD MY LAST CIGARETTE.
IHAVE NOT SMOKED FOR 2 MONTHS.
I DID NOT SUFFER AND AM NOT SUFFERING NOW.
THE DIFFERANCE I HAVE FOUND WITH EASYWAY IS THAT I KNOW I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN.
on 12 February 2013
I had been a smoker pretty much all of my adult life and despite several attempts just couldn't seem to kick the addiction, despite the fact I actually came to despise smoking and the smell of cigarettes! Alan's book is a revelation! It's not at all a lecture and it makes perfect sense from start to finish, I am so grateful that I read this book, it has enabled me to enjoy very day as a non smoker!!!
on 2 January 2007
I read this book cover to cover twice and gave up smoking 3 years ago as a direct result. I had tried numerous other methods over many years. I will never smoke again and consequently am one of Mr. Carr's millions of successes. After 30 years of smoking 20 - 60 a day my only regret is that I didn't find the book earlier. You can do it and this book will give you one of the best chances of succeeding.
on 4 June 2012
I bought this book with doubts that a "book" could stop me smoking and its not the first time I've been wrong.This book changes your way of thinking that even during it I found myself agreeing out loud and laughing at the brainwashing I had been subjected to and by the end , no before the end of the book I had a new outlook on my new non-smoking life.I only wish I bought this bible earlier in life.
on 2 July 2007
After smoking for 30 years I read this book 5 years ago and haven't smoked since. If you genuinely want to stop smoking this book makes it easy.
on 28 October 2004
My God - this man is so smug - but as far as I'm concerned he has every right to be! My sister bought me this for my birthday and it is the best present I have EVER had. I have smoked 20 a day for eight years and you name it, I've tried it in a desperate attempt to give up this disgusting habit. After reading this book I've finally succeeded! I haven't smoked for 4 months which is the longest I've ever lasted. No cravings, no withdrawal - just utter disgust and contempt for this foul habit. If you are a smoker attempting to quit - BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!
on 16 February 2011
i thought how can you read a book and give up smoking.ive been a smoker since the age of 12 rolled me own since 15 and now 65 and not smoked since i read the book nearly 5yrs ago.stil trying to work out how it done it,but it did an since stopped have not even thought about starting again, even when we go for a drink,must admit wish i'd have read the book years ago might have been a bit richer now
on 8 December 2003
It's been three years since I read this book and I haven't smoked since. From an eleven year habit of twenty a day to zero. That's how good this book is. Since I finished reading it I have passed it around family and friends and I am happy to say we are all non smokers now. It takes some people longer than others for the book to work but stick with it and you'll never look back. Thankyou Mr Carr!
on 28 May 2015
This is by far the best and cheapest method to quitting smoking out there. I must admit it can be quite boring to read and I highly recommend you complete the book in 2-3 days, the results are second to none. I let my friend have a read and he stopped half way through and his excuse was "If I finish this book I will stop smoking, I'm not ready to stop yet"

Very powerful stuff.